Chapter 147

Trevor and I were still mad at each other, but we put all our problems aside and we got our things together and got in his car. We had an hour drive to the hospital he was at, but Trev was driving as fast and carefully as he could to get there earlier. My dad said Dak was unconscious on impact, but that he had signs of reacting to the voices around him. He was still conscious enough to react to things, he just hadn't woke up yet. I was terrified though. I was so damn scared it was unbelievable.

"Trevor." I said softly as I rested my head against the window and rubbed my forehead.

"I'm worried about our son. Not you letting other men use you like a prostitute and bust bucket." He mumbled

"I just hope you know I didn't bring him back to the room because I wanted him. I only brought him back because I needed to get out of what I was in and I'm glad I did in a way. That accident happened at 9, if I would have been in jail tonight I wouldn't have been able to see my son and make sure he was okay. I don't regret doing that. I don't and you can hate me all you want but that's my son too and I love him and I love you so fucking much that you don't understand. You see the shit I've done and I promise you I've changed since sawyer and Noah. Noah was a fucking idiot and sawyer put me in the hospital. I learned from that. After sawyer I knew that we were meant to be and I saw how happy and good you were. We were doing so good and when that happened tonight I was sick to my stomach at myself but I didn't know what else to do." I cried.

"I'm not talking about this. I'm worried about our son only." He said.

"I wouldn't be here to make sure our son was okay if I didn't do that!" I yelled.

"If you didn't do anything in general we would have been perfectly fine and we could have gone normally together as a married couple worried about their child but instead I feel like I'm the only one worried and you're still fucking arguing!" He said.

"If I lose my son tonight, Bailey. I swear to you I'll go insane!" He yelled and his face got red.

"Don't say that. We aren't losing him. My dad said the doctors are cooperating and doing good with him." I said.

"We've been losing everything."

* * *

We got to the hospital and ran into the room where we were directed to for Dak and he was in a bed with my dad laying with him hooked up to machines and he was sleeping. My eyes softened and we both went to him and kissed him and trev put his hand on his and rubbed it.

"I'm sorry. I fell asleep." My dad said sleepily as he woke up from us and trev shook his head.

"It's fine. It's 5am-has he been up or anything? Any news?" Trev asked.

"The doctors said he will wake up and be okay, they said he might forget how to talk and have to be retaught, but he had speech problems before and he didn't talk much. It won't be hard to reteach him and we can get speech therapists for him." My dad said and my eyes softened.

"Oh my god." I said softly with tears in my eyes and I cupped daks cheek gently and kissed his forehead.

"My baby." I said softly and I looked up at Trev. He wasn't even looking at me, and he sat down on the edge of daks bed and rubbed his head.

"I don't understand what I've done to deserve this bullshit." He said.

"Trev we haven't done anything to deserve this-"

"Don't fucking talk to me." He mumbled and cut me off and my dad looked over at him.

"Your son has a brain injury and you two are arguing?" My dad asked.

"He's a fucking asshole." I said.

"You cheated on me three times." He said and I looked up at him and my dad cocked his eyebrow at me.

"What?" He asked.

"Your daughter tends to whore around when I'm not with her. You wonder why I'm pissed off? I planned a whole night with her since it's our anniversary. I told her to go out for a girls night and that it was fine, but I planned for a month to surprise her with a suite and I was going to be in the room when she got back-but she brought a fucking cop in and I walked in on them. On our anniversary night. On the way here she didn't talk about our son, she talked about how she was sorry. That's why I'm pissed off." Trev said.

"Bullshit, Trevor. I kept telling you that if I didn't do what I did I wouldn't have been able to be here for our son!" I said.

"You shouldn't have done anything-"

"Both of you stop. Now. I get how pissed off the both of you are, you're mad at each other for bullshit reasons and you're arguing-but you both need to stop. The arguing needs to stop. I was in the car today and was barely hurt but a few scratches while I thought your son was dead. Your son could have been killed tonight and you're too worried about yourselves. Be there for each other and put your differences aside for right now. It's not worth it." My dad said.

"She's pregnant. She got drunk tonight, cheated on me, and told me she was pregnant. You wonder why I'm pissed off? She drank while pregnant with my baby and you wonder why I'm fucking mad." Trevor said.

"Bailey, what in the hell are you thinking?" My dad asked me and I ran my fingers through my hair.

"I don't know." I said softly and Trevor wrapped his arm around Dak.

"My son means the world to me. Kenz means the world to me, and our unborn baby means the world to me. I tried to take care of her and love her with everything in me, but I can't keep doing it." Trev said and I buried my face into my hands.

"You both just need to cool off. Worry about Dak for right now, and cool off." My dad said and we didn't say anything. Trev hated me, at least in that moment, and my head was pounding from the stress and alcohol.