Chapter 22

I woke up the next morning to Trevor next to me laughing and Dak licking my face. I covered my mouth and delicately pushed him away and Trevor kissed me.

"Good morning, beautiful." He said. We ended up making our way up to the bedroom after the game and it was so much fun. We really had such a good night together even if our team lost.

"Morning." I smiled and he rested his hand on my hip as he leaned to the side and kissed me longer.

"I had such a good night with you." He said.

"So did I." I smiled and he rubbed my hip bone with his thumb.

"I have to go soon. Ash will start thinking things. I just need to wake up a little bit." He said and I rested my head on his chest after he laid back down.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked and he looked down at me.

"Yeah." He said and I ran my hand to his bicep. He had tattoos on his bicep and forearm and they looked so good. He also had a chest tattoo and one on his right collar bone that said patience.

"What do your tattoos mean to you?" I asked and he turned more toward me and he rubbed his face.

"This one-" he paused and he pointed to his collar bone on the opposite side of all his other tattoos

"Is for my dad. He always taught me to have patience with everything. I tend to always lose it, so I try my best to remind myself." He said and I smiled weakly.

"What about your chest one?" I asked. It was a lion and it looked really good but I didn't know what it meant.

"I honestly just got it because it looked good with the half sleeve on my bicep." He chuckled and I smiled.

"It looks really good." I said and he nodded and lifted his arm up to show the inside underneath his arm.

"This is my moms signature. She passed and I said I'd get it when I was able to and I got it. It was the first tattoo I ever got. It looks good with everything else too. I also have this eagle on my bicep because it looks cool along with my badge number with Daks paw print." He smiled weakly and I pouted my lip out.

"That's so cute." I said.

"He's my boy." He said and let him and I rubbed his arm over the tattoos. His skin was so smooth.

"I love your tattoos. They really look so good on your arms." I said.

"Thank you." He said and I nodded.

"I'm gonna miss you." I said.

"I'll miss you too." He sighed and I went to kiss him but he sat up.

"Rude." I said.

"What?" He asked.

"I wanted a kiss." I said and he kissed me softly.

"Sorry. I didn't realize." He said and I smiled weakly and got up before pulling a pair of sweatpants on along with a t shirt. His dog jumped off the bed and I leaned down and pet him. He was adorable. He watched me with messy hair and a smile and I knelt down to him and kissed his head.

"You're so cute." I said and he smiled.

"How old is he?" I asked.

"7. He's older for a police dog, but he's the best on the force." He said.

"He's not old. He's getting older. So is he known around here or something?" I asked.

"Yeah. Very known. I don't know what I'd do without him. I really don't." He said and I pouted my lip out. I could tell he genuinely loved him and cared about him.

"Does ash help you train him?" I asked.

"Ash doesn't do anything with him. She's a bitch to him and hates him. She'd never hurt him, probably because she knows I'd divorce her if she did, but she doesn't like dogs and especially him. She says I care about him more than her." He said.

"Well maybe she should learn to love dogs and she'll win you both over." I smiled weakly.

"Why don't you have a dog? I feel like you should have one." He said.

"I'd love one, I just don't have time to have one and he'd be alone while I was at work." I said and he nodded slowly.

"Well, think about getting one. Him and Dak could be friends." He chuckled and I smiled.

"They could have play dates." I said.

"Yeah. We could too." He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't want a dog. Not right now. Maybe when I settle down with someone." I said.

"Maybe when you settle down with me." He said.

"You? I'd never settle down with you. You're cheating on your wife now. How wouldn't I know if you'd cheat on me? You're too cocky." I said and his smile faded.

"Yeah." He said and he got up and pulled his uniform pants on along with his under shirt, vest, and uniform shirt and buttoned it. He grabbed his belt and just threw it over his shoulder and I smiled weakly.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Fine." He said.

"Trev." I sighed.

"No seriously. I'm fine. He said and I ran my fingers through my hair.

"I have to go. Ash is going to question me if I get home late." He said and he hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"See you." I said and he patted daks sides.

"Say goodbye. We gotta go home before Ash gets mad." He said cutely to him and I chuckled and pet him.

"See you." I said and he kissed me.

"See you."