Chapter 27

He picked me up before getting in the police escort to the service they were having for him and his chief was driving with Dak in a casket specifically made for K-9 dogs as morbid as it sounded. Trevor was holding me and he was kissing the top of my head and I felt so bad. His wife refused to go when he needed someone the most and it made me feel even worse.

"Almost there, Captain." His Chief said as he looked back through the rear view mirror and he nodded and let go of me slowly before running his fingers through his hair.

We came to a stop, being the last car with hundreds in front, and we got out. He opened the trunk as his chief and the whole squad carried the casket out and Trevor clenched his jaw. Some people judged others for caring about an animal like a person, but I understood what Trevor was feeling and it was more than just a pet. Dogs especially and literally like a friend you go to when you need to talk to someone. Music started playing as people watching and they brought him into a vet office to take so he could be cremated and Trev could have everything of his. He had tears in his eyes and we walked into the building and he grabbed my hand before letting his tears go and the few officers that helped he hugged and thanked. He went to the casket and put his elbows down on it and he put his head down before crying. It had an American flag on it and it was horrible. I put my hand on his back and rubbed it as he cried and he stopped and stood up straight after a little and he got himself together.

"I'll see you, bud." He said weakly and I kissed his cheek.

"Love you." I said.

"Love you too." He sighed and they took him away after he said his goodbyes. His squad escorted him back out after the vet gave him directions when to pick everything up and it was over and we left. Life with him wasn't too bad, we had some incidents. The fire sucked, the break in sucked, him getting stabbed sucked-but this was the worst thing. This was something I never wanted to go through or see him go through.

* * *

"It's quiet in my house, you know?" He asked as I was sitting on my couch and he had his head in my lap as I ran my fingers through his hair.

"I know. Are you required to get another dog with your job, or no?" I asked.

"They give you a month before you get another one. It's still not enough time for me. I hate that the space is so little. If it were up to me I wouldn't have another one." He said and I nodded.

"It should be more time." I said and he sighed and sat up.

"Come here." He said and he pulled me down on top of him. He kissed me and I chuckled.

"Really?" I asked.

"It'll make me feel better." He said innocently and I sat up.

"Hey." He said softly and thought I was going to stop him, but instead I unbuttoned his jeans. His eyes darkened some and he helped me pull his jeans and boxers down some. I took his length into my hands and stroked him and eventually put my mouth around his tip. He looked down at me as I sucked him and his lips parted.

"Shit." He said.

"Mhm." I moaned to tease him and he pulled my hair back in a pony tail.

"You like it?" I asked.

"I love it." He said and I sat up and pulled my shirt off once he was hard. He wanted me to keep going, but I wanted to tease him. I loved teasing him.

"Take off your shirt." I said and he sat up and pulled it off over his head, revealing a large bruise on his chest and my eyes softened.

"You didn't tell me you had a bruise from it." I said, referring to the bullet hitting his vest and he just shrugged it off.

"Try not to dig your nails into my chest. Please." He said and I shook my head.

"I won't. It just makes me worry about you when you're working even more now." I said and he smiled weakly.

"Get on top of me and relax." He teased and I laughed as I took my leggings off and climbed on top of his length. I was glad I could help him relax after a long few days. I knew how much he was hurting and I knew that I relieved some of that.