Chapter 126

I went to work a few weeks later and the class I had was no where near compared to my class with Kenz the previous year. They didn't really have as much fun and they were so quiet. Even when I talked about Trev and cooper they wouldn't laugh and looked like they were judging me.

"Mrs Prescott?" One of my students asked.

"Yeah sweetheart?" I asked.

"Is your boyfriend a teacher?" He asked.

"No. He was a police officer." I said.

"Police officers are bad." He said.

"Not all police officers are bad. Trevor was a great police officer and always made sure everyone was safe. He loves helping people. He wasn't a bad police officer." I said.

"Is that Mr. Prescott?" One of the kids said and pointed at the door and I loooked up and saw sawyer standing outside the door with Jason.

"No-" I paused and I cocked an eyebrow.

"I'll be right back." I said and I walked out the room quietly and sawyer looked over at me.

"Why are you here? You come into my house and wake my children up and disrespect me and my husband, and you have the nerve to come to my job?" I asked.

"I came to your job because your husband got arrested." Sawyer said and I narrowed my eyes.

"What?" I asked.

"He got arrested for aggravated assault. I'm not going into detail on what he did but you need to go to the station. Bailey he's not okay. I'm telling you something is wrong with him. He's going off the deepend." He said.

"What do you mean he's not okay? What did he do? He's been completely fine." I said.

"Bailey. Just listen to me and talk to him. He needs talk to you. I can't say a word." He said and I ran my fingers through my hair and looked at jason.

"Can I leave?" I asked.

"Yes." He said and I literally left. I walked out completely and didn't care about anything I left there. I needed to know what the fuck was going on.

* * *

I got to the station and sawyer followed me. He got me in to see him and Trev was literally in handcuffs. He looked so pissed off and they kept talking to him and he was ignoring them.

"Trevor. What in the hell did you do?" I asked.

"I didn't do anything." He mumbled and I grabbed his face. He was sober. His eyes were fine. No alcohol on his breath.

"Did you take anything?" I asked.

"No. I'm completely sober and I didn't do anything wrong. I want to be let go." He said. He was being so weird.

"Where are the kids? Where were the kids?" I asked.

"Your dad stopped by. I asked him to watch them while I went to the store. I went and I got arrested. I didn't do anything. I swear to you." He said with his jaw clenched and I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Trevor I can't keep doing this." I said.

"Neither can I." He mumbled.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"Nothing."

"Trevor. What did you do?" I asked.

"I didn't fucking do anything!" He yelled.

"What are they saying you did?!" I asked and he drug his hands down his face as they were in cuffs.

"Apparently it was reported that a girl was raped and someone tried to kill her outside of a park. Why was I the fucking suspect? I. Don't. Know. I was an ex-Chief of police and captain. Why the fuck would I rape someone? Why would I feel the need to hurt someone?" He asked and I felt sick to my stomach. He couldn't have done it. There was no way he did it. He was falsely convicted through and through and it disgusted me. Someone had to set him up.

"You didn't do that."

"I know I didn't."

"Why haven't they let you go? You would never do that. Why you? The park? I thought you went to the store?"

"I was at the store. I was followed half way home driving back and arrested. I'm still here because I was picked out of a line up. There were three other guys that were buff, had dark hair, and tattoos. Bailey if I get this actually charged against me I'm done. I'm screwed."

"You won't. We know good lawyers and you'll get out with nothing charged against you. You're a good man with a clean record other than the recent past but that's nothing. Don't worry, you'll be out. I know you didn't do that." I said and he had tears in his eyes.

"I feel so bad Kenz and Dak are probably terrified." He said softly and I ran my fingers through his hair and kissed his cheek.

"You're okay. Don't worry. Things are going to be fine and I'll talk to sawyer. If anything he can help-"

"Sawyer hates me. I don't want anything to do with sawyer-"

"Okay but-"

"Do not get him involved and do not talk to him." He warned and I sighed. Of course not.

"Okay." I said. Even though I would. Sawyer liked me and couldn't say no to me. He would help him. I knew Trev would be okay. He was such a loving guy and family man. As much as he has been struggling with, he's never hurt someone in that way.

* * *

"Sawyer. You need to get that charge dropped. It's not even right. He is being wrongfully charged for that and it's not fair. He wouldn't do that to someone." I said as I sat in his office.

"Trev is going to have to sit through a jury and wait and see what happens. I can't do anything right now." Sawyer mumbled.

"Sawyer he wouldn't do that!" I said and he nodded.

"I dont know what Trevor would and wouldn't do anymore." Sawyer said and I narrowed my eyes.

"Sawyer we have two kids and I can't be home to watch them when he can. I have a job. I need him to be home. I need him in general. My husband would not do that!" I cried and sawyer shrugged.

"Bailey. I can't do anything but wait with you." He said.

"Yes you can! Please!" I yelled and he got up and leaned over his desk.

"Stop yelling. Trev screwed himself over bailey. I can't fucking help him. There were cameras in the parking lot and it was clearly him. He can fight and hope for the best, but your husband did do it and he has the charges against him. Do you understand?" He asked and my eyes softened.

"Sawyer. He didn't do it." I said.

"Okay." He said and I got up.

"Can I talk to him?" I asked.

"Sure." He said and I walked out. I slammed the door and I got to my car. Trev was actually in a prison at that point, and I was terrified for him, but I drove to him.

* * *

I never would have thought that the person I married and had kids with who was a police Chief would be talking to me on a wired phone through glass in an orange jumpsuit.

"Bailey. Please get me out." He said as soon as he grabbed a phone.

"I know. I'm trying. I'm seriously trying and everyone's telling me to just wait for a jury." I said.

"I can't wait for a jury. I want to be out. I don't belong here and I didn't do anything." He said.

"I know. You'll be out I promise." I said and he rubbed his forehead.

"I love you so much." He said and I nodded.

"I love you too." I said and he put his hand up to the glass and I did it back.

"Trev, did you do it?" I asked and he shook his head.

"No. I just want to go home." He said and I nodded.

"You'll be home soon. I promise." I said and he had tears in his eyes. It broke my heart and I just wanted him to hold me. I had no clue how to help him or what to do, it was just going to be a waiting game.