Chapter 26

We went to work the next morning and they had a moment of silence for Dak over the announcements so the entire school found out and the kids. They shouldn't have done it because half the kids were upset after and the others were confused. It also made Trevor upset about it because he didn't want to talk or think about it. He had enough to think about it over the weekend. He also told his wife and she barely cared while he was devastated and told me.

I was teaching when he walked into my room and he just didn't look.. okay. He looked upset, drained, everything. I knew he wasn't coming in for something to due with our job, I knew it was to talk about what was going on and him to release some emotion, but I couldn't comfort him in front of the kids.

"Bailey-"

"Trevor. I know. I really do but can we talk about this later? Please?" I asked and he nodded slowly with tears in his eyes.

"I know. I'm sorry." He said softly and I sighed.

"Officer Prescott, we're sorry for your loss." The whole class said together and he nodded slowly and he clenched his jaw.

"Thanks." He said and his voice cracked before clearing his throat.

"Officer Prescott?" I heard Mackenzies voice ask and she was standing in front of him with a paper in her hand and he knelt down in front of her.

"What's this?" He asked as she handed it to him. He unfolded it and it was a drawing of him and Dak. He smiled weakly and looked up at her with tears in his eyes and he hugged her.

"I'm gonna put this up in my house, okay? Thank you so much sweetheart. Dak would have loved it too." He said with a weak smiled and she nodded.

"I'm sorry for your loss, Officer Prescott." She said nervously and he nodded.

"Thank you." He said and I smiled weakly.

"Okay, Everyone-hugs for Officer Prescott!" I said and all the kids laughed and ran to hug him. He chuckled weakly and looked up at me as they all hugged him and I smiled. It was so sweet and it genuinely made him smile.

* * *

After the school day ended, he came back into my room to talk to me and he sat down in front of my desk.

"Okay. I honestly genuinely just want to meet the guy and talk to the guy that killed him so I can fucking-"

"Trevor. You'll lose your job. You need to stop. He will get his karma." I said and he clenched his jaw.

"I fucking hate going home now. I hate it. I feel alone." He said.

"Then talk to Ash-"

"Ash hasn't talked to me since it happened. She thinks I'm overreacting." He said and I felt so bad. She really was such a bitch.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"His service is tomorrow. I was going to ask if you wanted to go. It would mean a lot to me-I don't know. You probably think it's crazy that he has his own funeral as a dog but since he was on the force it's required-"

"He should have one. It's not crazy." I said and he nodded slowly.

"When is it tomorrow?" I asked.

"9am." He said.

"Id have to take off." I said and he nodded.

"I'll talk to my boss. I want to go, I'll let you know if it's excused, okay?" I asked and he nodded.

"I really do love you." He said and I blushed and smiled weakly.

"Don't blush, come here." He said and he grabbed my hand after motioning me to go to him. I chuckled and got up from my desk before being pulled down on to his lap as he was sitting in his chair.

"Jesus Christ." I chuckled and he kissed me.

"Do you love me?" He asked lowly.

"I do love you. I don't think we shouldn't m be loving each other still but at this point we've already gotten this far." I said and he nodded before cupping my cheek and locking his lips with mine. He slipped his tongue inside my mouth and I put my hand on his chest.

"I want to go home with you." He said.

"I want you to go home with me." I nodded as more of a whimper and his eyes darkened before clashing his lips to mine. 

"Jesus Christ." I heard my boss say and we quickly pulled away from each other and I got up. My face was bright red and Trevor's was too for once.

"Really?" He asked.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"It was my fault. I'm sorry." Trevor said and he got up.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked my boss and he folded his arms in front of him.

"You can talk to me right here." He said and waited.

"I just-I wanted to know if I could have tomorrow off-"

"You want to ask me if you can have off after that?" He asked.

"It's for Dak-his K-9." I said and he sighed.

"Yeah." He said and I nodded.

"Thanks." I said.

"I'm seriously sorry about that-"

"I don't care how much you apologize. If I need to go to your chief and get a new officer at this school, I will. It's an elementary school. If a parent came in here to talk to you and saw that you would not only been fired-both of you-but it would have came back on me and ruined our reputation as a school." He said.

"It won't happen again." I said and Trevor narrowed his eyes at him.

"What?" My boss asked him.

"Who the fuck do you think you are?" Trevor asked.

"Trevor. Stop." I warned and my boss narrowed his eyes.

"Trevor." I repeated and I put my hand on his chest and moved him backward.

"He's just going through a rough time and he's getting through things. It will not happen again, I promise. Thank you for letting me take off tomorrow for this." I said and he nodded and walked out with his jaw clenched and I pushed Trevor back.

"What in the hell are you doing? You're going to get me fucking fired." I said.

"He's not talking to me like that and threatening me just because I fucking kissed you." He said.

"Trevor I was literally against your waist. Like literally felt your bulge and you had your tongue down my throat." I said and he chuckled.

"It's not funny. You have a job if you lose this one. I don't." I said.

"I know it's not funny. I just like when you're mad. It's cute." He said.

"Shut up." I mumbled and rolled my eyes and he kissed me.

"Trevor, I'm not kidding." I said.

"Okay. I'm just trying to find some light out of the bullshit that happened. I'm sorry." He said and I nodded.

"I know." I said and ran my fingers through his hair and he wrapped his arms around me.

"I miss him. It's going to kill me tomorrow." He said and I held the back of his neck.

"Im going to help you through this. Whether ash does or not, I will." I said and he kissed my cheek softly and just held me tightly in his arms. All he wanted was to be cuddled and loved and nothing more.