Chapter 161

That night was one of the best nights I had with him after the carnival. It was like we were first dating again. We laid down, talked, watched a movie and we laughed so hard we were crying at ourselves. When work wasn't stressing him out-or me, he was the person I fell in love with. The person I missed.

Then came the day after. He walked through the door after work and he sat down next to me in bed. I hadn't even gotten up. It was 3pm on a Saturday and I was too exhausted to move.

"Hey, daddy." I smiled and put my hand on his knee and he smiled weakly and took my hand off. I already knew something was wrong as soon as he did. Especially since he took my hand away.

"What?" I asked.

"I just want to talk to you before I tell you this. I just want you to let me talk before you scream at me." He said and my eyes softened.

"Trevor." I sighed.

"Let me talk-"

"I'm telling you, you're going to end up being killed. You need to leave that job and just accept it. I'm not dealing with you constantly getting-"

"I wasn't hurt. I'm fine. Just let me talk." He said and I sat up with blankets being the only thing on my body.

"Talk." I said and he hung his head down and rubbed his forehead.

"I slept with someone." He said and I looked up at him.

"What?" I asked.

"I slept with someone else. It was stupid I know but i-"

"You're not being serious." I said.

"Yes I am bailey. Don't make me feel worse for something I feel bad enough about. I'm sorry. I admit I'm wrong. I was just overwhelmed and she was young and teasing me to get out of something and I stupidly went with it-"

"She was young? How young?! Are you stupid?! Are you seriously stupid?!" I asked.

"She was like 19. 19 or 20 I can't remember. She was legal-No one knows about it. It's not like I got in trouble. I just needed to tell you. I couldn't hide it from you." He said and I smacked him and he clenched his jaw.

"You're so fucking stupid." I said and he ran his fingers through his hair.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"I don't even know what to say to you. I can't even believe you. What if she wasn't legal-"

"She was. I had to see her license and everything. Bailey I'm sorry." He said.

"You're such a piece of shit." I said and got up. The blanket fell off of me and I grabbed clothes to change into.

"Bailey, can we just talk it out? It was dumb and stupid and I know it was so I want to just forget it happened and focus on us-"

"When did it happen?!" I asked.

"Last week." He said and my eyes softened.

"Last week?" I asked and he nodded.

"You acted like nothing was bothering you at all and took us out last night and we were perfectly fine last night and you're telling me now?" I asked and he rubbed his scruff.

"It meant nothing to me. I just fucked her to fuck her." He said and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I must mean nothing to you too." I said and he shook his head and got up.

"No. You mean everything to me and if you didn't I wouldn't have told you at all. Just hear me out. I'm sorry. I truly mean that. I just did it to do it." He said.

"Where?" I asked.

"Her car." He said and I rubbed my temples.

"What was she trying to get out of?" I asked.

"She had alcohol on her breath and she was speeding. She told me her parents would kill her if she got in trouble or anything and she kept asking me if there was anything she could do-i kept telling her no and it just happened. It was so stupid and I know that it was-I'm sorry." He said and I rubbed my forehead.

"I can't believe you." I said.

"I know. I'm sorry." He said and I smacked him again. He grabbed my wrists and he pulled them down so I couldn't move my arms.

"Stop hitting me. I get it. You hate me." He mumbled.

"The worst part is I don't hate you. I love you so fucking much it hurts. That's why I'm mad. I give you my all and you give me the bare minimum and cheat on me." I said and he narrowed his eyes.

"The bare minimum? I do so much for you, god dammit. I do absolutely everything for you. I pay the bills, I buy the groceries, I get you everything you ask for, I get the kids toys and everything else-"

"Purchases arent love and if you think that love revolves around money then you're wrong. If you want to prove to me you love me, hold me when I'm not feeling good and kiss me until I feel better. Don't cheat on me while I'm pregnant and make me feel like I'm not enough right now. I feel like shit as it is. I feel ugly and disgusting with this pregnancy and it'd be nice if you were just there for me and understanding. Instead you're fucking 19 year olds in return of getting them out of speeding tickets." I said and he rubbed his scruff.

"Goodnight." He said and he got up and I grabbed him.

"You're not going to sleep after you just started this entire thing. You're a fucking idiot." I said.

"It was literally last week and we were fine since then. You're only upset because you know about it." He said.

"I hate you." I said.

"Good." He said and I got up and followed him out the room. He pissed me off so bad.

"Trevor, you have done so many fucked up things to me and you still think you're innocent and not in the wrong." I said.

"I should have never even said anything." He mumbled as he continued to walk and I followed him downstairs.

"Where are you going?! To get drunk?! To get high and forget about this?! Trevor you don't love me!" I yelled.

"I love you more than you'll ever know. I just show it differently." He said.

"All you do is lie. Our entire relationship has been a lie. I'm tired of pretending I'm happy with you anymore. I'm done." I said.

"I'm done too. You won't hear from me again." He mumbled and grabbed his keys. He slammed the door behind him and I ran my fingers through my hair and started to cry. I was so frustrated and angry, but I was devastated at the same time. I didn't understand him. As much as I tried to learn how he was, I didn't get it.