Chapter 35

I was sitting on my couch watching Netflix. I was mostly watching romance movies and wishing I had it as easy as the girls did in the movies I was watching. I was also eating popcorn and on my phone and occasionally just randomly started crying from just thinking about everything. It was 1am so I knew that he wasn't coming at that point at all and it annoyed me. He really was too scared to end it with her and I hated how he was about it. He easily could do it but instead he just dealt with a toxic relationship.

I turned the TV off and I threw my popcorn out to go to bed. I had work in the morning anyways so I needed to go to bed and it was stupid of me to stay awake as late as I had been already. I grabbed my phone and shut off the downstairs lights before walking up the stairs, but about midway up them my doorbell rang and I froze. It was not him. I stopped and walked back down the stairs and I slowly opened my door and saw him standing in front of me. He had his uniform on, he had 4 or 5 suitcases around him, and he looked exhausted. He didn't even look happy to be proving his point.

"I'm here." He said and I just stared at him in shock.

"You're here?" I asked.

"Can I come in? It's cold and I'm tired." He said and I let him in.

"You ended it?" I asked.

"We both ended it." He mumbled and he threw his bags into my living room.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I walked in on her with someone else earlier so I told her I was fucking someone else too and didn't care and I fucking left." He mumbled and my eyes softened.

"Oh." I said.

"I don't care. I beat the shit out of him too." He mumbled.

"Trevor you can't do that." I said.

"I can do whatever the fuck I want." He said and I sighed.

"Are you happy? It's done and I'm here." He said unexcitedly and I just looked up at him. I was happy, but I felt like he wasn't,

"Why are you being weird?" I asked.

"Why am I being weird? Whether I was ending it tonight on my own or not, I still caught my wife sleeping with another man in my bed. I literally fucking wanted to kill him. I told her to go fuck herself and I took my wedding band off and I'm done. I'll call my lawyer too, I'm done. I'm just done." He said and i put my hand on his arm and he pulled away and he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Don't Touch me-just give me a second. I just need to relax." He said and he sat down on the couch and he buried his face into his hands before throwing a candle that was on the table beside him across the room and it hit the wall. It shattered everywhere on top of leaving a dent in the wall.

"Trevor!" I said.

"I basically re-bought this fucking house for you. If I break something I'll fucking fix it." He half mumbled but half yelled and I didn't even know what to do. He was so angry and I attempted to calm him down and he got even worse.

"Trev. I love you-"

"Bailey-just shut up." He said and he drug his hands down his face and mumbled. I knew he was upset for walking in on her, and it wasn't the reason why he was so upset then and there-but I felt like since Dak passed he had gotten a lot easier to agitate and like he was missing part of him. I knew it sounded dumb, but I really felt like it affected him and bothered him on the daily more than he showed.

"I just literally don't know what to do anymore." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I don't know if she cheated first or if I did and I know either way we both cheated but before I met you I never thought of cheating. I wasn't happy, but I didn't have an urge to sleep with anyone else. I just feel like she's been seeing other people way before us and it bothers me. She started me not being in love with her anymore. She just acted different." He said and I sat down next to him and I put my hand on his knee.

"If She was the one that cheated first then she's stupid. She had the whole package as her husband. A man in uniform, great personally, great hair, beautiful eyes and smile, hot, knows how to get what he wants and knows how to please a woman. She really lost the best thing that could happen to any woman. If you cheated first, well-that means you just knew you deserved better and knew I could give you more. You're fine, baby. We'll be fine. Don't worry about her with saying anything about you putting your hands on her either, she won't." I said and he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into him.

"I love you." He sighed and I kissed him.

"I love you too." I said.

"Can I stay here for a week or so?" He asked and I chuckled.

"For a week? I thought this was a forever thing?" I asked and he smiled weakly.

"I didn't know if-"

"You can stay here forever. I want you here forever. This isn't just a week or so, unless you aren't ready to live together." I said and he kissed me.

"I'm ready. I've been ready." He chuckled and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Let's go to bed. Get your mind off of her. It's you and me baby." I said and he nodded.

"I know."