Chapter 43

The next day we picked up cooper from trainer and it was like he was a completely different dog. He got bigger in just the 3 weeks he was away and he listened more while still being a puppy. He still played with his toys and playfully bit, but he knew tricks and he was potty trained. Trevor also showed me that he could easily be told to attack by demonstrating with a pillow wrapped around his arm. It was honestly scary but he could easily get out of the attack mode and go back to being his regular cute puppy self.

Trevor literally explained everything to me and I could tell he was so happy to see him again and teach me how he was. He also showed me how much to feed him daily and he told me to give him a spoonful of peanut butter every night.

"Cooper. Stay." He warned as he held a spoonful of peanut butter in front of him and playfully teased him with it as he followed his command. He moved away from him and got an entire room space away from him and he chuckled.

"Okay. Come on, boy!" He said and he ran to him and basically tackled him down for the spoon of peanut butter in his hand and licked his face when he was done. Trev laughed and so did I. It was so cute.

"He can sleep with us now too-" he paused and his smile faded.

"I mean when I come back after our break he can-he still can now with you. I meant tonight he can sleep with us though." He said and I nodded.

"He's going to be my cuddle buddy." I smiled and he smiled weakly back.

"Cooper, come on. Outside." He said and motioned him for him to follow and he followed him to the sliding glass door that opened up to my backyard. He let him out and shut it after and we both stood at the door and watched him. He pulled me into him and kissed my forehead and I smiled weakly against his chest.

"Are we seeing other people during this?" I asked and he looked down at me.

"I don't know how long I'm going to need for this break. I don't want you to get bored waiting for me and if you want to see other people you can. I don't want to hold you back for anything. You deserve the world." He said and I shook my head.

"I just didn't know if you were going to see other people. I'm not seeing other people. I'm waiting as long as I need to. Even you said, we are right for each other. It's a right person wrong time type of situation." I said and he rubbed my sides and nodded.

"I just know you deserve more. So if you find someone I can't blame you. I'm such an asshole-"

"Trevor, stop talking like this. I love you so much. I'm waiting for you and I'm not finding anyone else." I said and he kissed the top of my head and just rubbed my side.

"I mean I don't think we could split up. We have a child now." He said and motioned to Cooper who just got the the door to be let in and I chuckled as he opened it and he was panting from running around.

"Get water, boy." He said and he just looked at him.

"We gotta work on that." He sighed and I chuckled weakly and he let go of me slowly and called for cooper to play. I loved when he played with him. It made my heart so happy.