Chapter 48

"I talked to Nancy today." I said as we laid in bed after finishing a good two hours of sex. I was exhausted from it, but it was amazing.

"Yeah? What happened?" He asked as he kissed my neck.

"She asked me if we wanted to adopt Mackenzie." I said and he stopped kissing me and slowly brought his head up to make eye contact with me.

"Really?" He asked and I sighed and drug my hands down my face.

"Yeah-I don't know Trevor." I sighed.

"You told me you were uncomfortable with it already. It's okay if you don't want to, I just thought I'd suggest it." He said and rubbed the back of my thigh.

"I know-I just don't know. I'm not comfortable, but I feel like I am. I would love to, I'm nervous." I said and his eyes softened.

"Wait, you're actually thinking about it?" He asked.

"I've been thinking about it since you said something." I said and he sat up in bed.

"Relax." I chuckled.

"No-really? Do you want to?" He asked.

"Trevor, all I said was that I talked to her. I told her I would talk to you-"

"I'm completely for it. I want to and I don't need to think about it. I just want to make sure you're okay with it. If you're not then it's fine." He said. He truly wanted to.

"Can you just give me a week to think about it? Please? I need time." I said.

"Yeah. Take your time sweetheart. I know it's a lot to take on. I know, but I know that we could do it. I'm going to marry you. I know we were supposed to be on a break but I can't go a day without you and I know that I need to just learn to deal with my problems with you if it's going to be us in the long run anyway." He said and my eyes softened.

"Trevor." I said softly and he kissed me.

"I'm serious. I'm going to marry you and we're going to have a family. I have so many plans for us. I just hope you agree with them and I really hope you think about taking in Mackenzie." He said.

"I want to, Trev. I really do. I'm just nervous and scared." I said.

"I'm nervous too, but I know we could give her a good life and raise her well." He said.

"A school teacher and a police officer as her foster parents? I mean come on that's like the typical American family description." He said and I smiled weakly and he kissed me.

"Please. Please think about it." He said.

"I will." I said.

"I really think we could do it and make her happy and it would help us." He said.

"I'll think about it." I said and he nodded and kissed my cheek.

"Thank you." He said and I ran my fingers through his hair.

"Thank you for the sex too. It was well over-due and felt amazing." He said and I chuckled weakly.

"I can say the same." I said.

"I love you so much." He chuckled.

"I love you so much more."

Officer Prescottजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें