Chapter 51

I woke up to an oxygen mask over my nose and mouth and in the back of ambulance. I looked up saw Sawyer sitting next to me and he smiled weakly at me.

"When a cop tells you to do something, do it next time." He said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You passed out from seeing the amount of blood coming out of Trevor's chest." He said.

"Why am I in an ambulance for that?" I asked.

"Trevor's already on his way to the hospital. We're still by the bank. I'm not making you take a ride to the ambulance when all you did was pass out. Trevor just made me get you in here." He said.

"Can we go to the hospital. I need to make sure he's okay." I said and he nodded.

"Are you sure you're alright?" He asked.

"I'm fine. I need to see him." I said and pulled the mask off me and I got up. I was lightheaded for a second but I was fine and I got out of the ambulance. He led me to his car and let me sit in the passenger seat and I rested my head against the window as he started driving.

"Is he going to be okay?" I asked.

"The medics had him stable and he was arguing with them before he left. I think he'll be fine." He said.

"Where did he get shot, Sawyer?" I asked.

"A bullet grazed his shoulder and his arm. He's lucky it didn't actually full on hit him. The blood you passed out from seeing was from his shoulder. It hit a little worse than his arm, but within a week or two he'll be fully healed. He's just in pain." He said.

"So he's going to be okay?" I asked and he nodded.

"He'll be fine. He killed the guy that was holding our officer hostage though." He said.

"How did he kill him?" I asked.

"He went after him and tackled him down. He fired a shot and missed and Trevor grabbed the gun and shot him and didn't miss. Our bullets hit trevor. We heard a gunshot and just started firing." He said and I nodded slowly.

"Today has been officially the worst day of my life." I sighed.

"You really care about him, huh?" He asked.

"I care about him more than he'll ever know." I said and he smiled weakly.

"He cares a lot about you too. I can promise you that. He never shuts up about you." He said and I smiled weakly.

"Do you have headache medicine?" I asked.

"In the glove compartment." He said and motioned to it in front of me. I opened it and there was headache medicine, but there were also condoms. It got really awkward really fast.

"Shit. Sorry." He sighed.

"It's fine." I said awkwardly and he rubbed his scruff.

"They're not for-I don't use them while working." He said.

"They're in your work car." I chuckled.

"I know-I don't use them." He said and I ignored him at that point because it was obvious he had opened half the package since there was only a few left.

"My wife is going to be at the hospital. Please don't say anything about that." He said.

"You're cheating on her?" I asked and he rubbed his scruff.

"I've just been talking to someone." He said and I nodded slowly.

"If you give Trevor the idea to talk to someone else I'll kill you." I said.