Chapter 9

Brielle ended up sleeping over my house that Friday night after work and I was laying across my bed on my phone and she was next to me. We were typical girls I guess you could say and we painted our nails and did face masks. I didn't like being alone at my house after that happened so I was happy she was up to just hang out rather then going out to drink and party. She was eating fruit snacks and she got up and threw them in the trash and stopped over the trash can.

"Bailey!" She said and I looked up at her.

"What?" I asked and she pointed to the trash can.

"Who have you been with?!" She asked.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"There's used condoms and condom wrappers in your trash can! Ew! Who were you with?!" She asked and I quickly got up and grabbed the trash bag and tied it.

"No one." I mumbled.

"Well the guy that broke in didn't rub one out with two condoms on, so what the hell?! Is it that cop?" She asked and my doorbell rang downstairs.

"No." I scoffed and I went downstairs. I opened the door not realizing I had a hideous face mask on, a sports bra, and boy short underwear. Not to mention the bag of used condoms in my hand, and it was Trevor.

"What are you doing here? Leave." I warned.

"What are you doing? I was not expecting the door to open to this. Ms Collins, if a student knocked on your door would you answer this way?" He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"You have to go. My friend-"

"I knew it." Brielle said behind me and he looked up at her behind me.

"What?" He asked and I threw the bag at him.

"Here. It's your trash. Throw it away on your way out for me." I said and he gave me a disgusted look as he held the bag out away from him.

"What did I do?" He asked.

"You're not coming to my house on duty for a good time. Just go. Leave." I said.

"What did I do wrong?" He asked.

"Trevor you're a great person but we can't do this. I work with you and you're married-I'm sorry just-no." I said and he sighed.

"Okay." He said and I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Okay." I said and he went to go back to his car but he stopped and turned around.

"Can I just talk to you. Out here?" He asked and I rubbed my temples before shutting my door so it was just him and I.

"What?" I asked.

"Calm down. I don't know why you're so mad at me-"

"Because my best friend just found out I slept with you and she knows I work with you and she knows you're married. That's embarrassing. Just leave me alone. I don't want anything to do with you." I said and he went to cup my cheek and I pulled away from him.

"Do I need to put a fucking restraining order on a cop? Trevor, Stop." I said and his eyes softened.

"Bailey, you need to just calm down. I just wanted to stop by and tell you I cleared things up with the guys at work and my chief. I cleared up things with my wife too. I wanted to let you know there's nothing to worry about." He said.

"Okay. There will be nothing to worry about in the future too because it's not happening anymore." I said.

"That's fine, that's all I came here for. I don't have your phone number and I wouldn't have seen you until monday." He said.

"Are you done?" I asked and he nodded.

"Okay. Thanks. Bye." I mumbled and I opened my front door and slammed it before he could say anything else.

"Jesus Christ why were you so aggressive toward him?" Brielle asked and I shook my head.

"Because we aren't anything. We never would be anything. We were drunk and I was getting my period so I was horny and wanted what I wanted from him. Nothing more. It was stupid." I mumbled and she cocked an eyebrow.

"You didn't have to be that aggressive toward him. He didn't seem like he was pushing you to do anything. You barely gave him a chance to speak." She said and I rolled my eyes and walked in my kitchen.

"Besides, you're wearing a face mask and shit, take it off." She said and I washed it off in my sink.

"He's just annoying. He got what he wanted from me and he won't leave me alone." I said.

"Not all guys just want sex, Bailey. Maybe he's just not in a happy relationship with his wife-"

"He's not but I'm not being the final strand of that marriage . If he's not happy, he's not using me as an excuse and I am not being a homewrecker to an innocent woman who doesn't even know her husband has been fucking someone else." I said and she sighed.

"Okay." She said.

"I think he's a nice and beyond attractive person and it's definitely a turn on that he's a cop, but I feel guilty. I don't know how you think married men are fun. It's awkward and puts a guilty conscious on me. For all I know he fucked me and went home to please his wife. It's just weird. It really just isn't my thing and I don't want it to be my thing." I said.

"Bailey. I'm over it. Why are you still going on?" She asked.

"Because you-"

"Oh my god. Stop. I won't tell anyone and I don't care." She said and I sighed and leaned against the kitchen sink.

"Work is going to be dreadful Monday."