Happy little pill

This is a oneshot based on happy little pill. Its miserable and extremely vague.

In the crowd alone

Scott stood there in the streets, trying to see what was happening. He couldn't see anything because of the crowd and he NEEDED to see who it was involved in the accident. Mitch had been gone for an hour longer than he was supposed to be.

And every second passing reminds me I’m not home

He struggled a lot to try and get to the scene but was pushed back by all the citizens.

Bright lights and city sounds are ringing like a drone
Unknown, unknown

"Oh, the poor boy!" A lady exclaimed and Scott gulped.

"I think I know him... OMG he lives in my apartment block... His name is-" someone explained out loud but all the road noises drowned it out.

Who was it?!

Oh, glazed eyes, empty hearts
Buying happy from shopping carts

Everyone had a sad expression on their faces, as if they were so upset yet they couldn't do anything. There weren't even any cops there yet...

Nothing but time to kill
Sipping life from bottles

The blonde reached up on his tiptoes and tried to get a sneak peek, but..... Nop.

Soon enough some of the people left..

Tight skin, bodyguards
Gucci down the boulevard
Cocaine, dollar bills
And...

Just then a 7 ft officer turned up with another few sheriffs and an ambulance.

Those stupid, dumbfounded people started not to bother any more, just walking off and smoking or drinking... Disgusting.

Didn't they care about a person who got hit by a fucking car??!!

Scott gasped and started to cry as he watched the medics lift Mitch's lifeless body onto a stretcher.

"OMG.... Mitch???!!!!!" He screamed and ran into the ambulance with him.

"Please... I'm his boyfriend!! OMG, Mitch!" He cried letting out a strangled sob.

They let him on and Scott sat next to him, stroking his hand.

Why did this have to happen?! It wasn't fair!!!

**********

Scott wiped his eyes as he opened the door to his flat.

Mitch was dead and there was nothing he could do. Or was there.

Running to the bathroom he let the acid drip from his eyes.

Why did they take him away?! Why did he have to pass as soon as he was hit... Urgh! Mitch was his boyfriend and best friend. It wasn't fair.

He flung open the cupboard door and scrambled in there.

My happy little pill

He read the label and sighed to himself as he poured the whole bottle onto his filthy, dry hands.

Take me away
Dry my eyes
Bring colour to my skies

Hopefully this move would bring him at peace. No sorrow or pain, or worry or grief.

Just him and Mitch and God being free up there.

No more tears to shed, only of joy.

My sweet little pill
Take my hunger
Light within
Numb my skin

Scott felt his eyes get heavy and his muscles weaken.

Dropping to the floor, he let one tear roll down his cheek until he heard the door slam open.

Like a rock afloat
Sweat and conversations seep into my bones

Kirstie picked up the nearly dead body and ran to her car, screaming.

***********

"OMG... Scott!!!" She cried with Jeremy by her side. They were in hospital watching after Scott..

"Why would you do that, hun?!" She cried, kissing his floppy hand.

"Babe, his boyfriend died. He was hit by a car. How can you not see that..." Jeremy reminded her which caused her to explode crying.

Scott fluttered his eyes open and took in everything they were saying, even though he couldn't be bothered to understand what it meant.

He was sweaty as hell and wanted to just die. Was it that hard??!

Four walls are not enough

He examined where he was and mentally pulled at his hair in frustration.

I’ll take a dip into the unknown, unknown

"Kirstie... Kirstie!" He croaked and earned an attentive Kirstie.

"Just kill me... Let me go!!" He cried but she glared at him.

Oh, glazed eyes, empty hearts
Buying happy from shopping carts

Scott stood up and walked over to the hospital pharmacy.

"Drugs, any type, please. Just anything..." He slurred and stupidly enough was given a bottle of death.

Nothing but time to kill
Sipping life from bottles

He rushed into the bathroom and drunk them down like liquor.

Tight skin, bodyguards
Gucci down the boulevard
Cocaine, dollar bills
And...

Scott's body lay, aimlessly for half an hour before the nurses broke the door down.

Finally he would be... Free?

My happy little pill
Take me away
Dry my eyes
Bring colour to my skies
My sweet little pill
Take my hunger
Light within
Numb my skin

Kirstie screamed as the heart monitor gave a final beep.

This was the end.