Chapter 4: Hawk Eyes

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

Happy with the desserts, I went outside holding a tray of dessert of different varieties. My sword was at my side and on the other a spot that held my book and pencil. I had to be careful around these people. At that moment, I saw the ship belonging to Don Krieg get cut. The two other people with Zoro came swimming as they said the girl who was called Nami take the ship. They explained what happened as I still held the large tray which Luffy and Usopp I believe had a few sweets from. Luffy insisted he was Nami to be their navigator.

Usopp and the other two men took a boat to follow Nami. Luffy couldn't go because he still had to work at the restaurant. I saw someone emerging from the fog. Hawk-Eye Mihawk. Don asked him why he attacked him but he gave no response before saying he was bored. Giving Zeff and the other cooks some sweets, I turned and saw Mihawk using his sword to deflect the bullets elegantly.

Zoro talked to Mihawk before challenging him to a duel. Zoro jumped down onto the cut ships platform as I watched. I told the other three to go ahead and follow Nami. I would ensure Zoro's safety. They nearly reluctantly left but stayed quite close. I offered Luffy more sweets which he happily took. Mihawk pulled out a small blade saying he would use a smaller one if he had one. Zoro used his three sword technique with Oni Giri but Mihawk found the one spot and used the tip of his blade to block it all at once.

There was so much difference in power between Zoro and Mihawk but I believed that Zoro could catch up. Zoro fought with ferocity. He used his next move called Tora Giri but he left himself wide open to be stabbed in the chest. He could easily pierce Zoro's heart but Zoro wouldn't step back because he would lose something important. Mihawk said that it was indeed defeat but Zoro said he would rather die than step back.

The amount of conviction Zoro had was so impressive that Mihawk unsheathed his biggest sword and let Zoro used his special technique, Sanzen Sekai but two of his swords broke and Mihawk didn't receive a single scratch. Zoro stood back up and stretched his arms wide open, saying a wound on one's back is the shame of a swordsman. He was badly hurt. Mihawk seemed pleased before he sliced across his body.

Stepping in, I caught Zoro and put him on the platform before he could fall into the water as I drew my sword and let it clash with Mihawk's own. This man possessed way more power than I imagined but I held my own. We clashed a bit in close quarters combats with our swords. He seemed to be noting my every move before he noted my dull sword.

"Impressive, especially one carrying such a dull sword. Who are you?"

"(M/N)(L/N), pleasure to meet you"

Successfully defending myself and Zoro, I sheathed my sword despite Mihawk's still having his out. He seemed confused by me but it was hard to tell under those cold calculating eyes. He smirked as he sheathed his sword back onto his back. I grabbed the tray I dropped and offered it out to him. Zeff called me an idiot.

"It seems like Don woke you up from your nap so like do you want a treat? It's for you not killing my friend"

The calculating eyes stared at the food in silence before he reached out and grabbed a cookie. Everyone seemed surprised by him actually taking it. Luffy was angry because he thought Mihawk killed Zoro. He swung in but he missed and got himself stuck. I laughed a bit at that. Mihawk reassured Luffy that Zoro was alive. Mihawk told Zoro he would wait months and even years for Zoro to surpass him. Zoro was next to me as he raised his sword.

"Sorry for worrying you, I know ...if I don't become the world's strongest swordsman then I'll only embarrass you so I swear! I swear I'll never lose again until I fight him and win... I SWEAR TO NEVER LOSE AGAIN!"

Zoro asked Luffy if that was good enough for the next Pirate King to which Luffy agreed. Mihawk told Luffy his dream to become Pirate King was a tough one far surpassing Zoro's. Mihawk smirked as he started walking away calling the two of them a good team and that he would like to see them again in future. He walked past me but he swiped a few more cookies.

"These are quite good. I'd like to see you again too."

"Thanks, you're quite the pleasant man himself when you're not attacking people. See yo-" My words got cut off by Don Krieg who called out Mihawk's name as he asked cockily if he came for his head. This man really got on my nerves. Mihawk said initially he came here for his head but now he's enjoyed himself here so he was going to continue his nap. I looked over to Mihawk before I set my tray on the ground. I passed Zoro quickly to Usopp who was just leaving. Don Krieg shot rockets from his armour saying he hadn't had his fun.

"Shall we?" Mihawk offered to me as I nodded. We raised our swords and sliced the boat and the rockets. I saw Mihawk leave during all the dust since Don would be pushy. I waved him goodbye with a smile before jumping onto the Baratie with my empty food tray. It must've been raided by Mihawk. Usopp told Luffy that they should go to the Grand Line once they had five members.

Turning to Don Krieg's crew, they listened to all the false lies he spat about Mihawk having a devil fruit when in reality he didn't have one. They would steal the log and force guys with Devil Fruits to join their crew. Luffy offered to take care of them if he didn't have to work the rest of the weak. Zeff agreed saying Luffy would have destroyed the restaurant by then. Luffy launched himself off and took out half the men. I smiled as I let Luffy do his thing. I wanted this guy as my captain.

A/N: Thanks for reading and commenting!