Harsh Words

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

"(M/N)! Why didn't you stop him! Why didn't you try to reason even more?!" Nami cried

Refusing to answer, I tapped Chopper on the shoulder and stuck out my tongue. He freaked out immediately and began treating me which was way more painful since the would would never be dry and the medicine stung. Nami gasped and she began apologising. Pulling up my hat, I assured her that it was fine. It was already nighttime again. Nami tried to convince Luffy to talk it out but surprisingly, Luffy gave a serious answer.

"What's done is done right? If we could've talked then we would have. Usopp is not stupid to give his life up over an argument. If there was another way then we wouldn't have ended up like this. Go off and chill if you understand!" Luffy said with his hat over his head.

"Nami...please go wait outside. I'll talk to you then. I hope you understand" I reassured

"Yeah..." She mumbled walking out

Turning to Luffy, I put my hand on his to feel his emotions better. He was putting up a very strong front. He's a great captain although he doesn't really show it. Tapping my fingers on him, I moved his hat up to meet his eyes. He looked away at first before meeting my eyes. The sad smile present on my face yet he knew it wasn't directed at him. I told him not to apologise. A captain's decision was final. He reached up and grabbed my chin, pulling me downwards to meet his eyes. He quietly put his fingers on my cheek and pried open my mouth. He softened his gaze slightly.

"It's gonna hurt the next time you eat" Luffy said

"I'm fine with that, it was bound to happen eventually. I'm staying by your side, Captain." I stated with a relaxed smile

"Thanks (M/N)"

"No worries Captain"

Smiling gently, I left the room before I heard Sanji and Zoro arguing over today. Sanji was angry because Zoro should've dealt with the Franky family earlier when they attacked the ship. Then, we wouldn't have lost the money and Usopp wouldn't be injured and have lost his pride. Zoro accused Sanji of slacking off but Sanji retaliated that he was doing his job as the cook. Nami looked like she was about to cry. Briefly, I put a hand on her shoulder and gave her a reassuring glance. I walked up to those two and whacked them both on the head.

"Stop fighting you two! If the crew can't pull through this then we were never meant to be a crew. Sanji, there was no way Zoro could tell that the Frankies would go after Usopp. Zoro, it is Sanji's job as the cook to make sure he gets the best ingredients to ensure that we are well fed. None of you two are at fault." I stated

Both of the two stiffened, they stared at me wide eyed. Zoro regained his composure and calmed down almost instantaneously. Sanji was just still the flabbergasted but he got the message too and calmed down. I felt two arms circle around my back and the back of my shirt was wet. In slight shock, I turned around as Nami began crying as she shoved her face in my the front of my shirt. I sighed as I combed her hair out. I managed to get her to eat some chocolate which calmed her down. My usual joyful teasing personality was gone.

"...thanks (M/N)"

"It's nothing"

Hearing the door open, I turned around to face Chopper where Chopper was there crying because Usopp refused to be treated. My heart broke a little so I picked him up and hugged him, using my enhancement to soothe him. Soon the clock struck ten and we knew that the duel would start now. Luffy and Usopp stood far away as they opposed each other. At first, Usopp used his trick to get the upper hand but eventually he lost despite exploding a large area with Luffy in it. Then, something I believed only I noticed happen. The head of the ship where the mascot of the lamb where Merry would be was seemingly crying. I blinked a few times but there were tears falling out of its painted eyes before it got covered in water. Luffy walked back to us with his hand pulling down the strawhat on his face while Usopp lay on the ground.