Six Months

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

Almost one and a half years have passed since the war, to be honest, I still have nightmares but I've learned to handle them. Mihawk had decided that I was trained enough to go find a suitable mentor for my Conquerer's Haki. Although I didn't have as big of an explosive progress like Zoro, I wasn't to be underestimated. It felt weird being able to go toe to toe with Mihawk while Zoro couldn't. Mihawk and I have grown a lot closer as well just as I have with Zoro. At one point, Perona had addressed me as her mother and Mihawk as the goth dad but Mihawk and I chalked that up to her slipping her words by being too drunk. We learned quickly not to give her alcohol unless we wanted our stuff dissepearing. Right now, I was walking through the corridors and saw an open door to the fireplace.

"Oh, Mihawk you're here." I commented noticing Mihawk by the fire

"I see you're ready to go. I have to admit, I might miss you. You're presence is always welcomed here."  He stated stoically

"Mihawk I just want to say thank you for teaching me! This is for you. Also... I might miss you a lot too, jerk" I turned my head away after I passed him the alcoholic sweets.

Turning my head back to look at Mihawk, I caught the slightest hint of his lips curling upwards. I left the room quickly before I see any more paranormal stuff happening. If Mihawk was even barely smiling then some paranormal shit was about to happen. It was a wonderful sight to see though. Not that I would admit it. Picking up my bags, I went into the main room and handed Perona her container of sweets. Smiling, I ruffled her hair before taking a row boat Mihawk had given and leaving.

"(M/N)! You're leaving?" Zoro asked

"Yeah! I have to, I need to find someone who can teach me one of my Haki better!" I smile.

"Oh, well be safe," Zoro's voice was laced with slight concern

"I'll be alright, I can handle myself. I'll always have my serpent to protect me. Bye, see you in six months!" I waved goodbye

Smiling, I boarded my row boat before my serpent buddy pushed me really fast from underneath. Even the human drills were waving me goodbye. I forgot I socialised them somewhat. I left it up to my serpent to take me to my mentor. I was surprised when my serpent brought me to a Marine base. Blinking, I looked in confusion at my serpent but he just budged me off the boat before I saw Sengoku come out. Did my friend just send me to my death?

"If it isn't the Enhancer, what are you doing here?" Sengoku questioned

"Well you see ... I'm here to find a suitable mentor for Conquerer's Haki." I sheepishly said

"I can't teach you here, we need a more private space. I'll be taking my holiday, I'll use that time to teach you. I assume you know the basics?"

"Yes but why are you helping me?" I questioned

"I... Well it's better if you come with me. I promise not to turn you in." Sengoku announced.

Easily, I could tell Sengoku was not lying to me so I trusted him. Quietly, Sengoku packed his things before boarding my rowboat with me. We left without anyone noticing. My serpent pushed the rowboat until we reached a snowy island. We got off the boat and set up camp nearby. The monsters came our of the forest to attack Sengoku but he was able to use his Conquerer's Haki to knock them down and make them docile. He turned to the log and sat down as I started the fire.

"I chose to help you because you saved my life before, twice." Sengoku reasoned

"Wait that can't be... I only remember saving you once." I muttered

"No when you had a bakery. I came to you starving and injured. I just had two major fights back to back and I fell in the water. I drifted to your place in Loguetown. You nursed me back to health. I've also been having doubts in the World Government..."

"Oh, I'm glad I could save you. To be honest, I don't really remember since there a lot of sick people that came malnourished to my door. I can't turn them away especially when I have the opportunity to feed them."

"You're a good man. I'm really sorry about the War..." Sengoku apologised sincerely.

"There's no point bearing a grudge to nice people at heart so I forgive you." I said.

Despite never fully remembering when I first actually met Sengoku. I did remember bits and pieces of it as I ate the cooked fish. Sengoku began explaining the basics and I got a more in depth explanation to all my questions. He was surprisingly nice yet stern when teaching. He told me to take notes which I did as he listed off a lot of users and what he knew of the history of Haki. I learnt a lot that night.

Thus, my extreme training started. Not just for Conquerer's Haki but all my Haki. Not only that, the training regime made me become even more agile and quicker on my feet. My mind was able to strategize three on the fly while keeping alert of my surroundings. Sengoku was a great teacher and we grew closer almost to the point of developing a grandfather and grandson bond. Surprisingly, he taught me a lot of tips on how to handle trauma. He was very nice when he wasn't teaching and if I had a nightmare, he would be there to lead me out of it.

Panic attacks were easier to handle too. One time where I did have one in the middle of training, he managed to talk me back into a conscious state. He also grew to trust me when even he, a man who's been in countless battles broke down in tears once. It was because I wore a dark red hood and a dark purple feather mantle witg a white shirt and looked like someone he used to know called Rosinante. I took care of him just as he did with me when that happened. We grew a lot closer after that almost like a second parental relationship.

"You know Sengoku, you're a nice father."

"Thank you. Now back to training"

"Meditation again?" I questioned

"Yes, young grasshopper"

"I'm 29 for fucks sake" I whined

"Young man, do not use such foul language! Meditation under the waterfall! Use your Armament Haki and Observation Haki while you're at it. I want you to tell me all the major locations I've been to in the next two hours." Sengoku chastised

"Alright alright" I laughed as did Sengoku

A/N: Did you see that coming? Fun fact, Sengoku doesn't hate (M/N) at all and refuses to capture him. He's a good second father. Fun fact two, there was a mention of Corazon in the chapter. Also, Sengoku doesn't appreciate the swear words (M/N) gives. Also also, his enhancement might get a little upgrade. Thanks for reading!

 Thanks for reading!