Family Doesn't Mean Family

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

Waking up, I felt Katakuri's hand stroking my cheek. I groaned before getting up and rolling on top of him. A kiss to the chin since he was in his usual form for a goodmorning kiss before rolling off of him. I went ahead and changed into my outfit from yesterday. I checked up on everyone's Haki and asked Katakuri from the bathroom if it was alright to see my friends. Katakuri told me I had to attend the breakfast first since Big Mom wanted me there and then he would let the guards take me to see my friends for a few hours.

I wanted to Big Mom's good side so I asked him to take me to a kitchen which he did after getting ready. It was still weird to see Katakuri be in his usual form to me. At the kitchen, I began baking away. The plan was to get in Big Mom's graces so she would keep her word and be more willing to listen. Katakuri watched before getting a notification from a person that he was needed. I waved him goodbye and from the crinkles at his eyes I could see he was smiling gently as he waved back.

Time passed on as I continued baking for the next three hours until I was satisfied before packaging them up. It would be good if I mapped out the palace too. I needed to make sure that Luffy wasn't going to be attacked but that was hard to guarantee with Luffy being Luffy. I guess I had to be very persuasive. The knock on the door alerted me that it was my time to go. I opened the door and asked some of the guards for help to carry it. It had to be 3 tons worth of candy.

"Sorry about that. This is for Big Mom but these smaller ones are for you people. It's nice to have some people to help." I stated.

"It's a pleasure to escort you, (M/N). Congratulations on your wedding. How are you feeling about your big day? I hope that question isn't rude." One of the guards asked.

"It's absolutely fine. To be honest, I'm calm right now but I'm getting just a touch more nervous with each passing day. Wait, are we taking a carriage? Isn't that too much." I questioned.

"Just for you and it is quite far from here." The second one told me.

"That's nice of you guys, thank you" I honestly admitted.

Getting on, I let the carriage take the to the palace and along the way I saw Luffy heavily exhausted while letting Sanji beat him up since he wouldn't fight back. I called for the guards to stop the carriage before getting off and running straight towards the two. The guards calling after me but I told them I would be back. I blocked Sanji's kick with my sheathed blade before telling him to back off, letting my Conquerer's Haki exude. Sanji's eyes widened before he backed down while Luffy told him that he would wait for Sanji at this exact spot.

"Sanji, I hope you know you're not alone." I said.

"..."

"We will get you out of this" I continued.

"... Leave me alone, Scum! All you can do is bake! What else are you good at?! I can't believe I stayed by your side this whole time!" Sanji lied.

"We're on the same crew and not just any crew. It's Luffy's, the future Pirate King and we leave no one behind." I smiled honestly, almost unaffected by Sanji's lie. Almost.

Sanji turned to walk away after he was slapped in the face by Nami for crossing the line. He insulted us some more before getting onto the carriage with his family. He was stone cold until Luffy said the punches weren't hurting him but Sanji. Sanji broke down crying as they left. My guards came up to me, telling me it was time to leave. I told those two I would be back and ordered the army coming up to them not to harm them. I was escorted back to the carriage and got in before I apologized for my behaviour. They reassured me that it was fine but we had to hurry since Big Mom was already angry.