Chapter 19: Movies

Kaila was stirred awake by a loud thud that echoed throughout the house and a loud shriek. Shooting up out of bed she curiously ran all the way to the source of the noise. Making her way through the halls she found herself in the kitchen.

The dark wooden cabinets were paired with gold and black tiles running along the back wall. Besides that there were two ovens stacked neatly on top on another. Both were actively cooking something as the savory smell of bacon reached her nose.

Blocking off half of the entrance was a long island that had a matching dark wooden top. Kaila crept around the side of it slowly looking concerned as she saw Zander on the floor holding onto his foot with a pan close by.

"Are you okay?!" She asked bending down to help him up.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just dropped the pan by mistake and it hit my toes." He leaned against the island for support as Kaila let him go. "I didn't wake you did I?"

"Uh, no I was up already the noise just startled me."

"Okay good. Well then while you're here want to help me with breakfast?"

"Sure. What were you making?"

"Bacon, eggs, and toast. Simple yet filling." He smiled grabbing the pan off the floor and rising it off in the gold lined sink. Once it was cleaned he placed it on their electric stove letting the pan get hot.

"Mind grabbing the bread from out of its holder?" He pointed towards a small wooden box in the corner of the kitchen. Kaila nodded and pulled out a loaf before handing it to him.

After a few more simple steps the two of them had managed to make the entire group breakfast successfully without burning a single strip of bacon. They plated everyone's food and set them down on the nearby table.

It didn't take long for the smell of fresh bacon to travel throughout the house. Within minutes everyone was out of bed and slowly walking over to the smell. As they all took a seat at the table, Lain and Mallix were silently looking over to Kaila who was happily eating her meal.

Nina and Alex were both paying closer attention to the trio as well. Each of them extremely curious to see how today was going to play out.

"I know we were talking about going out today, but I think it would be nice if we just stayed in. Is that alright with you all?" Lain asked after taking a bite of her eggs.

Everyone was in agreement except Zander who looked at her with a pout. "What?! No! I was looking forwards to going to look for new stuff today!"

"Z, I think it's best if we just stayed in." Alex said from besides him subtly trying to stop his whining without giving away the reason why.

"But that isn't fair! We've been planning on going to the mall for days now! I already knew what I was going to look for!"

"Zander that's enough. Everyone else is alright with us just staying here for the day. You're out numbered."

"Come on! Nina back me up here." He desperately looked over to the girl avoiding eye contact with him drinking slowly on her water. "I know you love the mall just as much as I do, if not more. Don't you still want to go?"

"Sorry Z," she put the glass down looking apologetic at the boy across the table. "I don't mind staying here today."

"But why? Why not come to the mall?" Zander wasn't caving in and everyone knew better than to tell him why. Now was not the moment. Instead all eyes were on Alex who grabbed Zander's wrist aggressively looking at the boy.

"That's enough. They've all made up their mind. If you want to go to the mall that badly still then I'll take you, but only if this attitude of yours stops already!" He scolded.