Chapter 46: The New Addition

Before the sun was even up, Faye was awoken from her slumber when she felt two soft lips pressing down on her cheek.

As her eyes fluttered open, she noticed the predicament she was now in. Hearing the loud snores from behind her and Nina's lips pulling away from her she realized she was in bed with this couple.

It wasn't long before all of yesterday's events came rushing back into her memory. She wanted to facepalm herself for slipping in front of everyone the way she did. She didn't want them to know. Not like that at least.

She made noises as she tried to sit up, but Nina only pulled her in closer. Brushing the hairs out of the little girls face Nina quietly hushed her. "Oh I'm sorry, did I wake you?"

"Can I go?" The girl nervously asked wanting more than anything to avoid the awkward conversation.

Nina abruptly stopped playing with Faye's hair as she sat up with the small girl. "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, I'm just going to go to my room. Sorry about yesterday." She muttered shyly as she began to crawl to the edge of the bed wary of James right next to her.

"Faye?" The girl heard Nina call out to her as she got to the door. Turning around she looked at the tall beauty timidly. "Do you mind coming to the kitchen with me? I could use a glass of water and it would be nice to have company."

"Sure." The girl responded as Nina joined her. While she didn't admit to it, Faye was thankful that Nina walked in the halls with her. Now she wouldn't be alone to fight whatever monsters lurked in the darkness.

Taking her hand, Nina led the two of them into the kitchen where she turned the light on finally. Nina wanted to laugh seeing how Faye's shoulders relaxed as soon as the darkness disappeared.

"Want anything?" Nina asked as she began to get water for herself.

"No thanks." Faye just stood in the entrance to the kitchen looking down with her hands together.

"Here you go." She looked up seeing Nina holding a cup out to her anyways. "Come sit with me for a second." Faye took the cup following Nina to the table.

Taking a few sips of her glass Nina turned her attention to the girl nervously sitting besides her. "About last night..." Nina started.

But Faye was quick to defend herself, "I didn't mean to it was just everything got really loud really fast and I didn't know what to do and please don't hate me!" She rambled faster than Nina had ever seen her do.

She looked calmly at the girl taking one of her small hands in her own. "I was just going to say you didn't need to apologize for it. You should have know I wouldn't hate you for being a little."

"But I thought-"

"Faye, you know Kaila is a little too don't you?" Nina asked watching the small girl nod.

"And do I have a problem with Kay?" Faye shook her head as her eyes wandered down onto the wooden material of the table.

Guiding Faye's chin to meet her eyes Nina spoke softly. "So then why would I have a problem with you being little too? There's nothing wrong with that."

"Really? Even after yesterday?" Faye's voice broke as she struggled to hold back tears.

Nina nodded assuringly. "Can I tell you a secret?" Nina leaned in.

Faye nodded as she sniffled leaning closer.

"I've always wanted a little of my own."

"You have?"