Chapter 45: Little Secret

Once at their home everyone separated around the place to do their own things.

Kaila and Faye raced against Zander to the guest bedroom, while the other five all decided to watch a movie.

For a while, all three of the kids were in Faye's room playing peacefully with one another. Eventually they had grabbed their stuffed toys to play with. Kaila had both Elie and her matching bear with Faye that she got from the mall, while Zander and Faye had just one.

Before they could even start a new game Zander looked at Kaila jealously. "That's not fair! You have two, you have to put one away!" He demanded of her.

But the little girl wasn't having it. "No, I wanna play with both."

"Kaila we only have one though." Faye tried to reason with her but Kaila was still persistent.

"Not my fault." She sassily remarked.

"That's it!" Zander stomped his foot fighting with Kaila over her stuffed bear held tightly in one arm.

"Stop! She's mine!"

"You have Elie already! It's not fair! Let her go!"

"No!"

"Kay!"

"No!"

"Guys?..." Faye tried to intervene but the moment she tried to get close enough to separate the two of them the damage was already done.

In one clean motion the leg that Zander had been tugging on had pealed completely off. He stood guiltily looking between his hands and Kaila.

The girls face was growing redder by the minute as tears began to pile up. Some fluff still falling out of her teddy bears torso onto the floor.

"Kaila...I...I didn't mea-" Zander couldn't even get his sentence out before she screamed stealing the dismembered leg from him.

Faye felt her heart drop when she witnessed how upset Kaila was. Her own attitude started changing as she watched Kaila run out of the room charging to the couple.

"Uh oh...I'm dead." Zander held his bear to his chest as he and Faye slowly followed the noise of the crying girl.

The others had been having a good time watching their movie, but that all ended when Kaila barged into the room scaring them. Especially when her cries nearly matched that of the horror movies.

Jumping into whoever's lap was closest, she nestled into Lain's chest holding her broken bear on display.

Nina had pressed pause on their movie and turned the room lights on. As soon as the accident came clear into view everyone gasped.

"Baby what happened to your bear?" Lain grabbed it from her inspecting the tear.

Kaila could barely get anything out from how hard she was crying. Seeing how she was in no place to speak yet, Mallix stood up grabbing her off Lain's chest and set her on his hip while he bounced and rocked her.

"Hey, precious it's ok." He told her while Alex and James joined Lain in inspecting the bear.

Nina was just about to leave the room to check on the other kids, but they beat her to it when she saw their small heads poking into the room.

Waving them in, both Faye and Zander nervously entered. "Do you guys have an idea about how that happened?" She asked them crossing her arms.

They both shook their heads just staring down at the floor. "No, well then I'm sure you two at least saw what happened?" She questioned them further.