Chapter 29: Friendly Competition

"You guys are monsters! Playing classical music the entire way! And here I was thinking you guys loved me!" Nina exaggerated crossing her arms as Mallix parked the car in the schools empty parking lot.

Everyone laughed. "Then you guessed wrong." Lain smiled at her before blowing a gentle kiss her way.

"Yeah whatever." Nina rolled her eyes punching Lain's kiss midair.

"Hey! I worked extremely hard to get you that kiss!" The tall brunette chuckled using her eyes to follow the path of her fallen kiss.

"Well I didn't want it anyways." Nina sarcastically motioned.

"Fine then. I see how it is. Don't be complaining when I out swim you today!" Lain threatened.

"We'll see about that. I've got a secret weapon today!"

"And what's that?!"

"This one!" Nina grabbed Kaila's waist and pulled her to her side. "You're going to cheer for me, right Kay?" She looked hopeful at the small girl.

"Umm..." Kaila hesitated looking between the two girls staring intently at her. Nina was nodding her head while Lain sat shaking her head pointing towards herself.

"N leave Kaila alone. She can cheer for whoever she wants." Mallix laughed popping his door open as he stepped out.

"That better be me then." Nina playfully stated before getting out.

Once it was just Lain and Kaila left in the car, Lain leaned backwards towards the small girl. "Just between you and I. You're cheering for me right?"

"Umm..." Kaila hesitated again. Her face becoming flushed with another dilemma.

"Hey baby. I'm only playing." She looked comforting at the small girl who was slowly relaxing. "You can cheer N on if you want. She'll need it anyways."

Kaila giggled at Lain's confidence as they stepped out finally.

"So I'll see you guys after practice." Mallix shut the trunk looking between the three girls.

"Yup!" Kaila bounced excited to see Lain and Nina in action today.

Mallix smiled at her before walking over to kiss Lain's lips. To her surprise, after he had pulled away from Lain, Mallix leaned down kissing the very top of Kaila's head. "I'll see you later precious."

He walked off as Kaila's face turned red and Nina had her mouth gapped wide open. Looking at Lain for some sort of explanation, the tall brunette gave a look that would save this discussion for a later time.

Nina nodded knowing they were going to be talking about this during practice when they were away from Kaila.

"Come on Kaila, lets get going. I like to be there early to get some extra laps in." Lain grabbed the small girls hand.

Meanwhile, she just stood watching Mallix walking further away from them. Giving her hand a small tug, Kaila had turned around walking with the two girls to practice.

"Did Mallix tells you some rules about what you're suppose to do when we're away?" Lain checked.

Kaila nodded side glancing at Nina slightly embarrassed to be going over rules in her presence.

"Good, cause there all the same here. You have to stay in the bleachers while N and I are in the pool. We won't be able to hear very well with the water splashing all around us but if you need us just shout."

Kaila mumbled a response not wanting to upset Lain.

As Lain went to look down to praise the small girl for complying to the rules, she finally noticed how Kaila kept glancing at Nina who was looking down cooing at her.