Chapter 95: Round One

"Faye! Lauren! Don't think you can get away with that so easily!" James shouted as he chased after the two girls playfully down the hall.

Nina, Lain, and Mallix all laughed as they watched him run after them. "I can't believe they hid hot sauce in his water bottle." Mallix shook his head.

"That's what he gets." Nina wiped a tear of joy off her cheek. "I told him to get one of the transparent bottles, but no. He insisted that the red coated one would be better for him."

"Are you going to say something to the girls about what they did?" Lain asked.

But her best friend shook her head as she looked down the hall in front of her with a sneaky grin. "I knew the girls put it in there this morning." She chuckled evilly.

"What?!" The couple exclaimed. "And you didn't stop them?"

"Oh no trust me, I did stop them. If I hadn't told them to stop at the hot sauce they were going to have a blast throwing a lot of other condiments in his drink. But instead of making him a new bottle I thought it'd be funny to see how this played out."

"You're evil N." Lain laughed as she winked. "I love it!"

Nina flipped her hair before she blew a kiss. "Why thank you."

They all returned to laughter as the boy and two girls approached them from down the hall. James was standing in between them as he held onto their hands, trudging with them back towards the other.

The closer they got the larger the devils grin on James's face became. Standing the girls in front of Nina he reached into his bag pulling out his tampered drink. Handing it to Faye first he crossed his arms. "Drink it." He raised his eyebrow.

"James!" Nina snatched the bottle from the girl. "What're you doing?!"

"They didn't believe me when I said there was hot sauce in my water, so now I'm going to have them drink it to test it out. And if they don't find it hot then I won't attack them, but if they do then I will."

"Attack!" The girls looked at him as if he were crazy. They got in front of the girls meanwhile Mallix was left in his own bubble of laughter.

James looked at their defensive stand confused as he glanced towards his brother who seemed to find the whole situation enticing.

"Babe this isn't funny!" She scolded him.

Shaking his head, Mallix turned to his brother. "Tell them what you meant by attack twerp."

Turning back to the girls James tilted his head still lost as to why Lain and Nina gave him dirty looks. "I was just going to tickle them." He said nonchalantly as if it were obvious.

The girls tense shoulders dropped as they awed at the idea. Moving out of the way Nina still kept the bottle to herself as she pushed Faye and Lauren in front of her. "What do you girls have to say to James?"

"Sorry." They mumbled shyly before piling in for a three way hug with him.

"Better. But if I find another mystery in my drink I'll make sure mama makes you both go to bed extra early. Especially you Faye." He looked down at the girl who he knew was in charge of the prank.

The girls in front of him looked scared at one another as they nodded.

Grabbing back onto their hands, James walked with them as the six of them traveled through the halls.

"I can't believe Alex bailed on us last minute with Zander." Mallix sighed as they neared their destination.

"Hey don't be mad at him." Lain slapped his arm softly. "I think it's cute how much time they spend together."