Chapter 41: Exile

For once their day went on without any more interruptions from Lauren. The girl could hardly bring herself to look at the group.

Now as school was coming to an end Faye was with Nina and James as they walked out together. Hearing her phone ding she looked surprised seeing a message from none other than Lauren herself.

'My house. Now.' She read to herself. The message itself had the power to worry her.

"Hey are you okay?" Nina asked seeing the distress on her face.

Keeping quiet Faye nodded.

"Well then do you want us to walk you home? I know Kaila left with Lain and Mallix already so you're stuck with us." Nina offered as she took James's hand.

"No thanks I've got it." Faye blurted out quickly.

"Alright...well if you need anything you have my number." Nina reminded her before they parted ways.

Meeting up with Alex and Zander the four friends all drove out of the schools parking lot.

Meanwhile, the small girl was left all alone staring at the taunting message at her phone. 'Do I go?' She questioned.

An hour later and Faye found herself standing outside of Lauren's home. The house was nothing fancy but it was definitely bigger than a normal home.

Faye took note of the missing car that was always parked in front of their home. "Guess her parents aren't home yet."

Walking up the grassy pathway to the door she felt her body beginning to tremble. Building up the courage to knock on the door she waited a second before it flew open.

Standing at the door was Lauren with her arms crossed and an unimpressed look on her face. "Get in." She widened the door more.

As Faye slowly entered she noticed Rose and Alia's bags on the floor besides the door. "Get to my room." Lauren surprisingly said in a calm matter as she rubbed her temples.

Faye nodded dropping her bag by the other two before walking towards the first door upstairs. Inside Rose and Alia we're sitting on Lauren's massive bed refusing to look at the small girl.

When Lauren walked in behind her and shut the door the girl felt the full intensity of her nerves racing through her body.

Turning to see Lauren she looked down seeing disappointment etched into her face.

"Faye what were you thinking hanging out with them?" Lauren asked trying to remain calm.

"I just...I wanted to."

"Were you with them last weekend? Is that why you missed our make over day?" Rose looked over finally allowing Faye to see her hurt expression.

"They invited me. Besides you guys left me behind last week. It was your guys idea to mess with Kaila but when the all mighty power couple showed up you abandoned me!"

"We didn't know that until we got to the car! I thought you were behind us!" Alia turned with tears already in her eyes.

"Why didn't you follow us?!" Rose asked.

"Because I couldn't! I froze! But...but they didn't hurt me. Instead they were nice and told me I could spend the weekend with them."

"Why didn't you just call for me?! I would've went to get you!" Lauren frustratedly ran her fingers through her hair.

"I couldn't just call for you! It wasn't that simple!"

Lauren let a tear slip as her body slumped. "Is what you said at the school true? You want to hang out with them instead of us?"