Chapter 42: Cuddle Time

"Kaila!" The couple shouted as they ran out of the kitchen to help their fallen girl.

Tears were already present on Kaila's face. She didn't want them to be mad at her for listening to their conversation.

"Baby are you okay?! Is anything bleeding?!" Lain carefully yet swiftly began checking all over Kaila's body.

"What were you doing?!" Mallix looked at her concerned while Lain continued looking for any indication of a wound.

"N-nothing..." she got out between her whines looking down shamefully.

"Kaila, you were listening to us weren't you?" He looked stone faced at her. But she couldn't move to respond. She didn't say anything nor nodded. She just sat there frozen.

As Lain confirmed no wounds on Kaila's body she sat on the floor gently lifting the girl into her lap. "Why weren't you watching your show?" She asked while Kaila's tears settled.

"I wanted drink." She mumbled playing with Lain hair as she sunk back into her chest.

"Oh precious. Look I know you heard us. Is that why your crying?" Mallix asked resting his strong hand on her knee.

She shook her head focusing more on the comforting bouncing motion Lain was doing with her legs and the natural lavender scent that omitted off her.

"Alright. You know we don't want to rush you into anything. It doesn't matter what we said earlier. You don't have to call us anything you don't want to." He assured rubbing his hand up and down her thigh.

But her gaze glued itself to her hands as her tiny fingers continued running through Lain's hair.

"Kaila," Lain ceased her bouncing causing Kaila to pout. She turned around facing the girl who looked at her dearly. "Did you hear Mallix?" She softly asked.

She nodded and whined tapping on Lain's legs hoping that would mean she'd bounce her legs again sooner. But she didn't. Instead she lifted Kaila and repositioned them so the little girl was straddling her.

Wrapping her arms securely around her back, Lain looked down into Kaila's eyes. "Is everything alright?"

The way Kaila's eyes twinkled back at her, Lain missed the fast incomprehensible mumble Kaila blurred out before she hid her face into the crook of the girls neck.

"Honey I'm sorry I didn't hear you? Can you say it again?"

Kaila whined pulling out of her safe place for only an instant as she mumbled it again.

"Precious your going to have to say it louder." Mallix grabbed her chin gently letting her eyes fall onto his bright blue orbs.

"Bottle daddy." She whined again just wanting to go back to her movie and be comforted by the two of them.

But the couples eyes were both wide open. "Y-yeah o-of course sweetheart." Mallix stuttered as he managed to stand up and walk back into the kitchen.

All the while, Lain was just holding Kaila tightly to her chest as she felt tears surfacing.

Kaila could feel the vibration of the girl trying to suppress her tears.

"What wrong mommy?" Lain heard her little girl ask her as she looked up with wide innocent eyes.

That didn't help her situation at all. Those tears she was trying so hard to keep at bay eventually all came pouring out. "Nothing baby, why don't we go get comfortable on the couch while we wait for your bottle?" She smiled.

Kaila nodded as she melted further into the taller girls hold letting her do all the work of moving her small figure.

As soon as Lain sat down she laid Kaila onto her chest feeling the girl nestling further into her chest. When Mallix returned with a fresh bottle in hand Lain could see the realization that Kaila called him daddy still hadn't completely dawned upon him.

Passing over the bottle he sat down besides them watching as his loving girlfriend fed their girl her bottle.

His heart raced as the smile on his face widened.

The only person still caring about the animated figures talking on screen was their little girl who was content to being held against Lain's chest as she was being fed her bottle.

The couple watched with eagle eyes as she suckled on the teat. Both of them cooing at her adorableness.

Once the cool liquid stopped pouring in she felt the bottle being taken away. Letting it slip out of her lips she looked over briefly at the couple seeing them staring at her with adoration.

Their eyes never darted away from her and yet they were so fragile looking—almost like they would shatter in an instant if they were to look away.

Kaila hummed to herself as she got comfortable in Lain's lap feeling her eyes starting to flutter shut. Digging her face further into the girls chest Lain felt herself on the verge of tears again.

Mallix couldn't help but awe at them.

The small girl in Lain's lap heard him. She blushed feeling his eyes watching them with every move they made.

"Can you hold her please I'm going to go grab something?" Lain asked as the girl whined. She was comfortable where she was.

But Mallix nodded. Lifting a fussy Kaila off her lap and settled into Mallix's waiting arms Lain disappeared. It didn't take long for Kaila to eventually settle down. The warmth of his body combined with the strong grip he had on her made her sink into him.

"I guess my precious girl feels a little, little today." He rocked them side to side knowing how much it relaxed Kaila even more. She responded by resting her head on his chest hearing the sound of his rhythmic heart beating.

Mallix looked to his side seeing her stuffed elephant besides them. Grabbing the plush he gave it a shake in front of Kaila's face watching as her wide eyes followed the noise as he moved it in circles in the air.

She giggled trying to grab it but every time her arms extended out he would pull it further away. He continued playing with her as he drew the elephant closer to her face bopping the elephants stuffed face against her nose.

He had never heard such a sweet laugh. Shaking the elephant one last time he set her friend down in her lap. The little girl snatched the toy up and hugged it close to herself.

Before they knew it Lain had returned with something new in her hands. Mallix had managed to position Kaila's blanket over the two of them while Lain sat back down getting under the excess material.

The second Mallix saw what she was holding he rolled his eyes playfully. "Hey sweetheart, want to try something for mommy?" Lain asked excitingly. She was giddy getting to call herself mommy for the first time.

Kaila mumbled against his chest while Lain carefully held out one of the new Aladdin designed pacifiers.

The small girl in Mallix's lap looked up at the couple confused to what she was supposed to do with it.

"It's just like your bottle honey." Lain told her as she slid it closer to her lips stopping just before it could touch her. "Say ah for me." She cooed waiting.

Complying with the request Kaila parted her lips open as Lain put the pacifier into her mouth. Two very loud awes was heard simultaneously. Kaila nervously suckled on it. She was upset not to be receiving any milk but she did enjoy the comfort of it.

Watching as the outer shell shook with every suckle Mallix bounced his legs softly. Kaila's eyes slowly began to flutter shut again.

Scooting closer Lain got against them. All cuddled together the couple waited patiently until Kaila's eyes fell shut. Mallix kissed her forehead as he lifted her up and onto his hip.

Going into the nursery he set her down in her crib. Lain had grabbed her blanket and elephant from the couch and placed them in with her. Once the bars to the crib went up Mallix wrapped his arm around Lain's waist.

The couple watched their sleeping girl for a few minutes as they let everything process.
——————————————————————————
Let me know what you think. Thanks Lexx signing off