Chapter 90: Light Up The Night

As Kaila, Faye, and Zander sat on the table it was shocking to see Nina bringing in a high chair from a back room. As she set Lauren down in it Kaila turned to her friend besides her.

Faye chuckled as she leaned closer. "Mama says she has to sit there cause she a baby." The two girls laughed to themselves before Faye felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Keep talking like that and I'll make sure mama gets you one too." James teased as he sat besides her. Blushing she hit Kaila's arm softly getting her to stop laughing from besides her.

"What's for dinner?" Zander asked as he looked to Nina who was in the kitchen.

"Pasta and bread." She smiled beginning to plate all of their food. Bringing it out one by one Zander was the first to stuff the food in his mouth, completely disregarding the fish designer cutlery Nina got for him.

As she sat besides Lauren and Zander, Nina helped Lauren with her food while the others all dug in.

"So I told Z when your done eating your going to play video games with him." She told her boyfriend from across the table.

James dropped his fork slurping up the pasta dangling out of his mouth. Looking with wide eyes he questioned. "What?! Babe you know I hate those kind of games."

Zander pouted as he slouched back in his seat focusing on his food. But in response to that Nina threw her crumbled up napkin hitting James's face. Gesturing for him to look at Zander, James sighed in defeat.

"Hey Zander." He said catching the boys attention. "I...I was only joking earlier about not liking video games. You and I are going to have a blast playing some of them." He smiled.

"No it's okay." Zander looked down still unsure about the entire situation.

Just as James was about to give up, Nina cleared her throat as she fed Lauren staring directly at James as she waited for him to try again.

"Zander I'm being serious. I haven't touched a controller since Mallix moved out of dads place, and I wouldn't mind touching up on my skills."

"So we can play games?" He asked hopefully.

"If you'll take me as your partner in crime then I say we can do it."

Zander celebrated not only by cheering out loud, but he also ran out of his seat giving James a big hug. Holding him back Nina smiled with satisfaction.

"The girls and I are going to go for a little walk after this as well." She added as Zander goofily ran away from James and sat back in his seat returning to his meal.

"Where are you guys going?"

"Just around the neighborhood probably. I don't want to be out so late with them."

"Can we go to the park?" Faye asked with her mouth full.

"Not tonight honey."

"The trees?"

"Definitely not going to the edge of the forest."

"What bout the pond?"

"There's a pond?!" Kaila squealed in excitement.

"Yeah mama took Lauren and I to it and there's little duckies there! But we didn't feed them, we just watched them swim stead! And there's lots of pretty firebugs!"

Chuckling James corrected. "Fireflies, Faye. Not firebugs. Those poor buggies would be so sore to be on fire."

"Oh!" Faye nodded before continuing to ramble to Kaila about all her favorite aspects of it.