Chapter 58: Double Trouble

Mallix scoffed as he read his fathers name written on the top of his phone. Breathing a few times to collect himself he finally slid the accept button and pressed the box against his ear.

Before Mallix knew it Devon was shouting like a sailor into his phone. Rambling on about incomprehensible nonsense Mallix just held his phone away from his ear, still able to hear him, and waited until he finished.

As his ramble ceased, Mallix put his phone back to his ear. "Are you there?! I'm talking to you boy!" He heard Devon ask him clearly annoyed.

"Yeah I'm here." He answered with no emotion.

"Did you even hear a word I said?!" The man asked as Mallix rolled his eyes.

"Of course I did." He answered sarcastically.

"Good! Then you and all your friends better be at the company this weekend! After that immature stunt you played at school, you'd better learn a thing or two after I'm done with you! You knew how important this partnership was to me Mallix, I told you to behave yourself! But instead what happens?! I get a call from your principal telling me you got into a fight with the daughter of my new partners only a few days after and get detention! You'd better fix this attitude of yours boy! My company will not fall into the hands of some immature child!"

Mallix had pulled the phone away from his ear again after the first few sentences. He wasn't interested in what his father had to say to him.

Hearing his bickering coming to its close he placed his phone back against ear. "Yup got it. We'll be at the company this weekend." He said tiredly.

Not giving Devon another second of his time, Mallix hung up and placed his phone down besides him.

The others all looking towards him confused. "It was dad." He said annoyed.

They all nodded understanding his behavior now. "What did he want?" Alex asked.

"Just that he got Principal Wayne's call about the fight."

"But you said something about this weekend?" Lain looked at him confused. "You said we'll be at the company this weekend. Why does he want us there?"

Shrugging his shoulders Mallix sighed. "I don't know probably to straighten all of us out." He guessed.

"Wait, we all have to be there?" Alex's eyes were opened wide at the thought of having to see Devon again in person. "I thought you were talking about you and Lain only."

After Mallix confirmed to them of their required presence, the others all shared a look of confusion with one another. "We're really in for something if he wants all of us there. He despises us." Nina commented the obvious.

"Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I hope the kids will be okay with it. Last time Kaila and Faye had to encounter him, he wasn't exactly the most welcoming." Lain said.

"Zander's not going to like it. Last time we were over at your house, Mallix, that man was about to yell at my boy over some food he ate." Alex ran his hand through his hair irritated. "You know what, you guys have fun. Z and I aren't going with."

"I wouldn't do that Alex." Mallix suggested.

"And why not?"

"Because he didn't sound like he was asking all of us to be there. And if you don't show he'll probably do something way worst to get your attention."

"Like what? What could he possibly do to get me to drag Zander back to him?" Alex looked at Mallix with challenging eyes knowing there would be nothing that would get him there.