Chapter 102: Final Count

With only an hour break, Lain and Nina quickly made their way into the showers to clean up before joining the others waiting in the hallway.

As soon as both girls came strutting out of the locker room they were immediately met with loud clapping from their friends. Being the only ones in the hall, they found it quite funny as to how loud they were being.

They chuckled going over to them and as soon as Lain was in arms reach of Mallix, he pulled his girlfriend in for one the tightest embraces she ever had. "I knew you could do it all along." He said softly into her ear. She grinned holding him back tighter.

"Congrats!" Alex said taking his turn as he let go of Nina and the two boys switched their embraces.

"Thanks." Lain chuckled when she felt Kaila prying her off of Alex jumping to be lifted up. Seeing as Nina already had Faye on her hip, Lain did the same. Lifting the little girl up she cuddled her close as she looked over at the boys. "Are you guys ready for your match?" She asked.

"As ready as we'll ever be." Alex said lightly.

"It's still a bummer James isn't going to be here to compete with you guys." Nina sadly said as she wrapped her arms firmer around the little girl accompanying her.

"Oh that reminds me." Mallix snapped his fingers. "James asked me to tell you to call him once you finished showering. He said Lauren wanted to show you something."

"Well then, let's go and see what sissy has." She grinned at Faye as the two girls wandered off away from the group before calling the missing pair.

Looking back at the group talking and laughing amongst themselves Nina sat her and Faye down on a nearby bench outside. Holding the girl close to her side with one hand, she dialed up her boyfriend with the other.

"Hey babe." She positioned the phone so that she and Faye were on display.

"Congrats on the win. Mallix told me about it before he hung up on me." The boy said upsettingly but the girls couldn't help but chuckle.

"Where's Laur?!" Faye asked excitedly as she bounced searched the screen for Lauren.

"She's in the living room watching cartoons."

"I wanna see her!" The couple laughed as James nodded. Walking into the living room he aimed the camera towards the action.

Sitting on the floor was Lauren who had a pile of scribbles scattered all onto tons of papers. She was giggling as a funny scene played in front of her. "Lauren baby." James called out as the girl turned around towards him. "Say hi to mama and sissy." He told her.

Waving her hand happily at them she held her arms up towards James who gladly picked her up. Sitting the two of them down on the couch he put the entire frame on her face. Now in a better position to see her clearly, Nina was glad to see Lauren looked much better than before.

"Hi sweetheart." Nina was able to get out before an excited Faye began rambling on about the girls event. By the time she was done the girl on the other end was yawning.

"I think someone needs to take a nap." James said kissing her forehead.

"No nap." She pouted trying to wiggle her way out of his arms. But James wasn't going to give in.

Before the boy had any say in the matter Nina spoke up through the screen. "Lauren, listen to dada. It's getting pretty close to your bedtime little girl. I know mama and sissy are out late tonight but we'll be home soon."

"Wanna cuddle." She insisted leaning back into James's touch.

"We can cuddle then in our room." James told her as she nodded against his chest.