Chapter 97: Recap

After competitions everybody went home to shower and get themselves ready for tonight's celebratory dinner on completing the first portion of the events. And after a rather serious argument, Lain and Kaila found themselves late for their dinner.

Mallix had left half an hour early to buy a new tie from the stores before they closed for the night. And rather than coming home to the girls, he decided to meet up with them at the restaurant as it was on his way to the shops.

"Kaila, quickly before were late!" Lain said excitedly grabbing hold of her little girls hand as she dragged her from the car into the brick coated restaurant.

The small girl behind her giggled as they barged into the fancy restaurant in their nice evening dresses. Lain chuckled nervously before fixing herself up and clearing her throat.

Approaching the front desk, the man standing at there stared at them confused. "Can I help you?" He asked.

"We're here to join the Colden reservation." Lain said trying to hide the fact that she was currently out of breathe.

Grabbing them two menus the man in a suit with a white apron draped around his waist guided them towards a table in a reserved back room where their friends had their drinks out in front of them already.

They smiled as the two girls took their seats besides Mallix. "What took you guys so long?" He asked Lain.

But she chuckled blushing as she turned to Kaila who giggled under her breathe. "We may or may not have been having a dispute while Kaila had her bath."

"A dispute?" Nina questioned having heard them. "Oh! Spill the beans! What happened?!" She put her elbows on the table holding onto her face as she looked anxiously at her friend.

"Do you want to tell them?" Lain raised her eyebrow at the girl sneakily chuckling to herself.

"Mommy threw lot of bubbles with me!" She bounced happy in her seat.

"Ooh! Mama I wanna play with bubbles too!" Faye repeated looking towards Nina.

"Me! Me!" Lauren raised her hand as the tall beauty between the two girls laughed.

"How can I say no to my girls?" The little girls besides her laughed and cheered excitedly.

"We're here!" Alex announced gracefully as he and Zander entered through the door before closing it behind them.

The others welcomed them as they took their seats waiting for them at the table. Slicking back his blond hair, Zander kept awing at himself every time he looked in a reflective surface.

Finally with the whole group at the table they all ordered their food. And as the waiter walked away shutting the door behind him, the group had so much to share. They agreed not to share the results of their matches until they were all cleaned and reunited for their delicious dinner.

Everyone was eagerly waiting. "Who wants to start?" Alex asked.

"Them!" Zander pointed towards Lain and Nina. Having already knew what happened at the boys event, he was more excited to hear how the girls competition turned out. And with that all the boys simultaneously looked towards the girls waiting to hear how their heat was.

Nina and Lain exchanged a smirk and playful glare. Feeling Lauren naturally scooting closer to her side, Nina decided it would be a nice change of pace to have her little girl announce the big news instead. "Why don't you tell everyone Laur?" She nudged.

"Me?" The girl asked nervously as Nina encouragingly nodded. Taking one final drink of her apple juice she looked up at the others. A large smile took over her face as she thought of the results yet again. "Mama won!" She giggled.