Chapter 39: Game Night

As they arrived home for the night Kaila and Faye stepped out racing over to the front door. "Settle down you two!" Lain's smiled as she helped Mallix grab their bags from out of the car.

After some struggling to get the front door unlocked the girls ran inside, Kaila instantly took Faye to the game room which she had grown to love during her stay with the couple.

"At this rate were never getting her to sleep." Mallix chuckled shutting the door behind him as they placed their bags down on the floor.

"On the bright side she's having fun. And Faye seems to have really taken a liking to Kaila as well." Lain smirked moving over to Mallix's side. She placed a kiss on his lips. "Now help me get this stuff put away." He nodded as they started to put their new supplies for Kaila away before anyone else showed up.

Half an hour later, everyone was in the game room all playing a racing game. It wasn't until the doorbell rung that the small girls groaned when Mallix hit pause.

"I was so close to winning!" Faye complained.

"No I was!" Kaila smiled.

"I think you guys are both blind, I was clearly in the lead." Lain chuckled at them as Mallix stood up from besides her.

"You're all wrong. I was only seconds away from crossing the finish line." He laughed walking out of the room momentarily before popping his head back in looking at the three girls with a playfully serious look. "Don't continue without me." He looked especially long at Kaila knowing the small girl had a habit of growing impatient and would continued playing games without him.

She giggled as he disappeared again.

"I like it here." Faye smiled as she set her controller down in her lap.

"Well your welcome to come by whenever you'd like." Lain offered.

"And I can show you my room!" Kaila bounced making Lain freeze.

"Uh Kaila I don't think that's such a good idea. Your room isn't...finished yet. Remember we have to buy some more things before your room is done." There was a hint of warning in Lain's voice only apparent to her girl.

"But it's fine for now! Plus I want to show it off to Faye!" She didn't care what she had in her room. Kaila was too caught up in the fact that she even had a room to call her own.

"Kaila you guys aren't going in your room." Lain looked over to her sternly.

"But-"

"Kaila no buts." Lain wasn't backing down.

Meanwhile Faye was just sitting there looking between the two confused and a little scared. She tried to comfort the girl besides her who was looking down at her hands, clearly hurt. "It's ok. You can come to see my room sometime."

Instantly Kaila's head jolted up looking towards Lain for permission. When she saw her nod Kaila squealed in her head looking towards Faye happily. "Yes!"

The girls were all laughing again when Mallix walked in along with Nina, Alex, and Zander.

"Were back!" Nina sung as she sat down besides Faye.

"What took you guys so long?"

"We had to drop James off before we came here." Alex said as he and Zander sat down together.

"Enough already about where they've been, let's get back to our game!" Mallix was excited as he sat down grabbing his controller pressing play.

"Hey I wasn't ready!" Kaila laughed as Mallix's car zoomed past hers.