Chapter 86: A Mothers Touch

After being at home for hours after the incident at the mall, Kaila was still breaking down in tears. Having put her in a soft onesie, the couple and her had been cuddling on their bed trying to ease her mind ever since.

With Elie tucked under arms and her soft blanket over top all three of them, they silently laid in one another's embrace. Kaila was shaking with her head buried inside Lain's chest as Mallix rubbed circles on her back.

Finally feeling her tears soaking into her thick sweater Lain kissed the top of Kaila's head as she guided her chin off her body. The small girl whined instantly trying to hide back away in the dark but Lain cringed feeling her soaked clothes touching her bare skin underneath.

"Do you mind?" She asked Mallix. "I need to change." Without needing to think Mallix nodded as he grabbed Kaila and faced her towards himself. Cradling her in his arms, he managed to keep her at bay while Lain snuck away.

But Mallix cocked his eyebrow as he saw Lain briskly walk out of their bedroom looking for something. Just keeping Kaila comfortable and safe he waited patiently for his girlfriend to return.

Looking down into his lap, Mallix frowned seeing such a sad face on his little girl. Brushing through her hair with his fingers, Mallix said different reassurances as they waited.

Hearing his phone ding on his desk, Mallix attempted to lean back and grab it but his movement costed Kaila her comfort. "Daddy." She cried out to him as she snuggled further into his hold gripping onto his shirt tightly keeping him in place.

Deciding no text was more important than taking care of his little girl, Mallix dismissed his phone and put all his attention back on Kaila. Holding her head gently on his shoulder he continued running his fingers through her hair calmly.

"I know precious. Daddy's sorry he left you alone earlier. It was a mistake that won't ever happen again, I can promise you that." He said determined not wanting to have a repeat situation.

But for as assuring as it was to hear that, Kaila's crying got even harder as she continued replaying that scene in her head. Every second the same diminishing image of her fathers face right in front of hers haunted her memory.

Hearing how unapologetic his tone sounded was the driving factor that kept her tears flowing.

"Shh, honey. No more tears baby, you're safe. I promise you're never going to see your parents ever again. It'll just be me, you, and Lain from now on." He said confidently.

Her loud sobs muffled momentarily as she hugged Elie closer to her face feeling the soft fur of her friend brush against her cheek.

"Want mommy!" Kaila whined when she peaked out seeing Lain still hadn't returned from a simple shirt change yet.

"Mommy will be back soon sweetheart. In the meantime let's get all those tears to stop flowing now. You're going to be just a little raisin after this." He pinched her cheek softly.

But in the midst of his fun Kaila wasn't having it. "Don't wanna be raisin!" She complained crying harder than before. Mallix frowned seeing as his playful comment only made things worst.

'Lain where are you?!' He anxiously thought looking towards their bedroom doorway waiting for her.

And after a few more minutes Lain finally walked in.

However, Mallix's eyes were wide as she did so. While she held one of Kaila's bottles in one hand and the other held her new book, Mallix was more surprised to see her entering without any top at all.

He raised his eyebrow at her with a smirk as she just shushed him and laid back in her spot. Gesturing for him to pass Kaila over, Lain helped ease the little girl onto her bare chest watching as she magically settled.