Chapter 61: Power In Numbers

"What the hell?!" James said as he began tugging on the knob trying to get out of this prison.

"Just give it up already twerp, we both knew dad was going to pull a trick like that." Mallix annoyingly said across the room as James's irritating tugging became too loud.

"M, you knew he was going to lock us in?!" Nina asked.

"Not at first, but when he mentioned the bathrooms in the back I knew it was for a reason."

"So what? We're stuck here until were able to all hold hands and play friends with one another?!" Lauren finally spoke.

"Seems like it." Alex slouched back already tired of today.

"But I don't wanna be here." Zander complained into Alex's ear tugging his arm gently.

"Me neither." Faye whined to Nina hearing Zander from besides her.

"Oh great the baby's are already fussing. What's next, a tantrum?" Lauren scowled rolling her eyes and crossing her arms.

Lain was mentally drained from last night. Her body felt heavy and she could barely process any information, but as soon as those words slipped out of Lauren's mouth every switch in her body turned back on.

Bolting out of her seat she charged at Lauren knocking the girl right out of her chair before tackling her onto the ground.

She sat on the girls waist pinning her arms onto the carpeted floor, whilst everyone else gathered around.

"Get off of me Nessie!" Lauren shouted squirming under Lain's hold.

"Not a chance you bitch!" The look in Lain's eyes were frightening.

The two girls exchanged screams with one another until finally Lain had enough and gave Lauren one slap straight across the face.

"That it!" James stepped in forcing Lain off of Lauren.

"What the hell?!" She screamed at him as he helped Lauren off the floor while she held onto an all too familiar feeling of her burning cheek.

"James what're you doing?!" Nina added as she walked away from Faye at the table to join the commotion.

"You're really backing her up." Mallix scoffed joining at Lain's side.

"Listen alright! She didn't deserve that!" He insisted.

"What do you mean she didn't deserve that! Are you deaf?" Alex stood besides them. "The girl just came after Z and Faye—again might I add. She's lucky Lain gets to her first cause otherwise I'd have my way with her." He threatened.

"We are never going to get anywhere if this is how we're treating one another!" James pushed Lauren away and towards the table seats as the others were closing them against the wall.

"Well if she wouldn't have attacked them then none of that would've happened?!" Lain shouted.

"Can you blame her though?! She was right!" James suddenly shot back causing the entire group to gasp.

The look of betrayal on all of their faces was long awaited. Especially by both Zander and Faye.

At the table Faye felt tears welling up, as did Zander. But one look at the girl besides him was enough motivation to keep his tears at bay. Pulling her chair closer to his, he wrapped his arms around her small body bringing her in for a hug.

He tried to keep her safe while the other stood at the other end of the table looking as if they were about to go off at one another.

"What're you saying James?" Nina stepped closer as her voice trembled with anger.