Chapter 50: Family Buisness

By the time lunch came around the group could visibly see the exhaustion on all of the little ones faces.

Kaila had barely even touched her food, and Mallix and Lain were more concerned about getting her properly rested than eating at the moment. Kaila was in between the couple leaning her head down on the edge of the table when she felt her body being lifted and set into Mallix's lap.

Since there wasn't anyone else outside with them today, they had nothing to worry about.

She hid from the sun in the crook of his neck as he rubbed circles on her back. "Close those eyes precious. We've still got plenty of time for you to take a nap before we have to go back to class." He softly said.

"Elie." The small girl whined missing her friend that helped soothe her the most to sleep.

"She's at home baby," he reminded seeing the frown on her face. Before she even had a chance to whine more about it, Mallix was quick to hum a lulling tune into her ear.

Kaila whimpered briefly before her eyes fell down.

Mallix kissed her cheek before looking up to see both Faye and Zander dozing off. "You guys should let them sleep for the time being."

"I've been trying to get Zander down, but for once he's persistent to stay awake." Alex brushed his fingers through Zander's hair as the boy was leaned against his side.

"Cause I have to." He explained followed by a long yawn. The bags under his eyes were darker than they had ever been before.

"And why's that?" Alex asked.

"I have to protect them..." He said half asleep as his eyes fluttered half shut. Despite being overly exhausted Zander was going to make sure he upheld his duties to be there for Kaila and Faye.

"You don't need to worry about that now Z, look they're perfectly fine." Alex motioned towards both girls. "But thank you for taking your brotherly role so seriously, they're lucky to have someone as tough as you looking out for them." He bopped Zander's nose causing a small grin to appear on the boys face as he still continued to fight against sleep.

"Mama," everyone turned their attention to Faye who was already half asleep with her fork hanging out of her mouth as she tugged on the hem of Nina's shirt.

The tall beauty chuckled taking the utensil away as she kissed the top of the girls head. "Why don't you take a nap like Kaila?"

Almost with perfect timing, Faye's heavy head instantly fell as she began to count sheep. Nina had set the small girl on her lap to make her more comfortable.

"Last night was a horrible idea to let them all stay up so late." Lain said playfully jealous of the little ones getting extra sleep.

"Agreed." Everyone groaned regretting their idea tremendously. Their bodies all ached from practice and their minds weren't functioning properly.

"I'm so tired I could sleep for an entire year straight." Alex complained as he felt Zander's head falling into his lap as soft snores echoed from him. He chuckled discreetly letting them boy finally get his rest too.

"But you guys can't disagree, it was also one of the best sleepovers we've had in a long time." Nina tried to bring out the bright side of the scenario as she stared down into her lap looking longingly at the small girl.

"That's true. I don't remember the last time we were all smiling that much." Lain added.

"Or the last time it was all of us for that matter. I can't remember the last time you stayed over with us...James." Mallix said purposefully to gain the attention of the boy sitting besides Nina, who was back on his phone once again.