Chapter 59: Hysteria

Once all squeaky clean, the duo made their way into the bedroom where Mallix laid on their bed reading as he waited. Seeing his hyper girl running towards him, he put his book down opening his arms as he helped his little girl up.

Settling her between them the couple were glad to see Kaila so relaxed. She was content being besides them, but the couple hadn't forgotten about their talk.

Easing their way into it, Lain kissed the top of Kaila's head before grabbing onto her tiny hands. "Do you remember what we're going to do now sweetheart?" She asked.

But rather than responding, Kaila seemed to be more interesting in quietly laying between their two warm bodies with her eyes shut. She rubbed her cheek gently against Lain's arm as she settled her head against the tall girls chest.

Wrapping her arms around Kaila's body, Lain sat them both up. "We were going to have a small talk." She reminded seeing the frown appearing on Kaila's face when she was forced to wake up.

"None of that now you aren't in trouble. Mommy and I just had something we wanted to tell you." Mallix sat besides them.

Rubbing his thumb against her shoulder Kaila sighed out as she nodded.

"Well when you were outside playing with Z and Faye earlier, you had a call from your parents." Mallix said.

The second he mentioned word of her parents Kaila frantically sat up straight looking at him.

"Did you answer it?!" She panicked.

"We did. I hope that was okay." Lain told her.

Kaila's mind relaxed briefly before she furrowed her eyebrows as she tilted her head confused. "What did they call for?"

"That's what we wanted to talk to you about. They said that they were coming home early and that they were bringing 'guest' over with them." He said with finger quotes. "What's that all about? Should we be concerned?"

'No...'

Kaila felt every inch of her body sink as her breathing spiked. Her face went blank. All emotion and thoughts just left her body. She was just a blank canvas sitting with them on their bed.

After snapping her fingers in front of the girls face a few times Lain finally caught her attention. "Baby is everything alright?" She asked concerned.

"I...I need to go home." Kaila said softly with a hallow tone to her voice. Her skin grew paler by the minute.

Hearing Kaila ask to leave sent the couple in a frenzy. They didn't know what was wrong. Their little girl seemed beyond scared and anxious.

"Look precious, I'm sorry if we said something wrong. We just wanted to know what was happen-"

"No!" She shouted jumping off Lain's lap onto the floor. "Take me home now...please." She begged. Starting to pace around the room Kaila began to breath erratically.

Concerned, the couple instantly joined their little girls side as they got down to her level. "Kaila it's okay, you're going to be alright." Lain brushed the small girls hair out of her face. "We'll take you home if that's what you really want." She said trying to forget how much it ached her heart to do so.

Sniffling Kaila nodded.

Both Mallix and Lain tried to grab ahold of her hands but the moment Kaila noticed what they were up to, she ran off to her room. Tears slipping out one by one on the way there. The couple were left speechless.

Quickly changing out of her nightly pajamas and back into normal clothes she took her hair out of the pigtails Lain had put her in, and ran her fingers through her hair.