Chapter 48: Protector

"Kaila! Faye! Zander! Come inside it's getting late." Mallix shouted for them from inside the house.

Everyone besides the kids had moved from outside to inside to do some chores before the little monsters could reset their progress.

One by one they all walked towards the house. Mud prevalent on their clothes and skin. "Where have all the kids gone?!" Nina gasped seeing how thick the mud was on the little ones skin.

"I here mama!" Faye raised her hand unknowingly flinging mud behind her. Zander couldn't help but blush when he caught wind of Alex looking at him the same way Nina looked at Faye and how Mallix and Lain looked at Kaila.

"You don't look like my little girl, why don't we go get you all cleaned up and then I'll see if you're really who you say you are?"

Lining them up in a horizontal line she grabbed the water hose. "It's going to be cold so prepare yourselves." She warned as the others gathered by the back door watching as Nina shot the kids down one by one.

They were shivering by the time she turned the hose off. "That's better. Now I can clearly see you all." She chuckled putting the hose away.

"Cold." They all complained and whined as the evening breeze brushed against their damp skin.

"I know, come on let's go in. Each of you are getting a long bath to get rid of any remaining mud."

Faye's hand was quickly snatched and she was led off with Nina, while Kaila was scooped up into Mallix's arms.

Lain was preparing dinner for everyone as Zander stood looking at Alex flustered. "Z, what's wrong?" The tall and leaner boy asked.

"N-nothing." He looked down shyly brining his hand out for Alex's. As soon as the other boy took it he led them away to get cleaned up for the night.

Alex shut the door to their room and grabbed Zander a fresh pair of plain red pajamas but the little boy pouted seeing the clothing choice. It normally wouldn't have bothered him what Alex picked out—but it was different now.

Ever since both Kaila and Faye opened themselves to be little in front of the group something began to flicker in Zander's head. A few weeks ago, before any of the progress with the girls happened, Zander would have laughed at the idea of being anything close to a little.

But seeing how the girls got treated and how carefree they seemed started to change his mind about the idea. "Zander!" He was snapped out of his head as he looked at Alex looking worried at him.

"I called your name at least five times before then. What's going on in that head of yours lately, Z?" Alex put the pajamas down on their bed as he crossed his arms looking to Zander tapping his feet.

"I said nothings wrong." The boy said softly trying to get pass Alex and into the bathroom attached to their room.

But as he brushed past Alex, he felt the stronger boy grab his arm and spin him around. Zander was just about to whine but his thoughts were all stolen away when he locked onto the nervous and caring look in Alex's eyes. "Tell me what's wrong." His voice was firm yet sultry.

"Were you..." he took a long pause to take a few deep breathes, "were you ever serious about asking me to be your little?"

Alex already knew this was where this conversation was headed. Cupping Zander's cheeks into his own, Alex leant down and pressed a kiss onto his nose. "Every time."

A rush of guilt washed over Zander's entire being. He had always joked with Alex about this matter on their own time, not taking the matter seriously.