Chapter 85: Let It Go

"Come on!" Kaila complained as she looked behind her seeing Mallix and Lain walking excruciatingly slow. Their hands were interlocked as Kaila was walking a few steps ahead of them.

"Kaila relax. The stores aren't going anywhere." Mallix told her as they walked into the mall. With a list in hand Lain was going over their needed items in her head.

"But I wanna get Elie clothes!" She pointed towards a toy store where miniature clothing items were on display.

Seeing Kaila trying extremely hard not run off, Mallix let go of Lain's hand as he walked over to his little girl. Grabbing hold of her hand instead he kept her close. She whined as his strength slowed her down.

"Kaila I'm not going to tell you again to be patient. We're here to get some things first, then we can go look for toys." He told her firmly.

Watching as her pouty lips stuck out and she batted her eyes Mallix sighed shaking his head. "Sorry precious. Mommy's got a lot of things she needs so we're going to get those first. But if your good maybe we can get you an ice cream while we look around." He bargained laughing as she nodded happily.

Turning around Mallix saw Lain face deep in her list of things to get. "Babe?" He called grabbing her arm and pulling her towards them as she nearly walked directly into someone's back. "You've been checking that list all day long. I think you've got everything we need on it." He said.

"Are you sure?" She scratched her head. "I swear I'm missing something on this list but I just don't know what it's suppose to be."

"It must not be all that important if you can't remember it." He noted grabbing the list from her hands.

"Hey!"

"How about you take your eyes off this list and hold Kaila's hand while I'll keep this until you actually need it." He chuckled holding the list up before putting it in his pocket.

Lain rolled her eyes playfully at him as she grabbed hold of Kaila's other hand. The small girl between them was skipping, swinging both of their arms back and forth.

"Can we go in there?!" She asked cheerfully looking towards a candy shop.

Mallix chuckled. "Afterwards baby. Remember if your good you can have ice cream while we shop." Her eyes lit up as she nodded blowing her cheeks up as to stay silent.

The couple laughed as Lain looked lost at her boyfriend. "Ice cream? We never agreed to that."

"If your nose wasn't in your list for so long you would've noticed our girl here dying to get her hands on some new toys, at least now she'll behave until we're done." He said. Lain looked down at Kaila as her little girl looked up with a sneaky smile.

"You're lucky daddy loves you too much." She joked. Kaila giggled as she returned to her casual skipping.

One store after the other and the couple were getting things checked off their list in a flash. They were more than half way done, and only an hour and a half into their trip. Things were going smoothly.

In the meantime, Kaila hadn't gotten too rowdy. She was content to window shopping every time they walked past a shop.

"I've got to use the bathroom." Lain said as they stopped in the hallway besides the lady's room. "Do you need to go princess?" She looked down at Kaila.

"Nope." She smiled proudly standing all.

"Alright I'll be right back then." Lain said passing over her bags to Mallix before running off into the side room.

"Come on Kay, let's go sit while we wait." He lead her over to a nearby bench only a few feet away from the bathroom door. Sitting the bags down around them, they filled the entire bench up.