Chapter 84: Switching The Agenda

Kaila sighed in relief as soon as the school bell rang signally the start to lunch. Class was getting even more boring than normal that the small girl could barely keep her eyes open by the end of it. Waltzing sleepily out of her class, Kaila noticed Zander walking in the hallway ahead of her.

She tilted her head confused as to why the small boy was carrying two bags on his back.

Catching up to her friend, all of a sudden her lost energy all came rushing back. "Zander!" She shouted happily skipping besides him as he threw his hands on his chest startled.

The boy chuckled at her as he smiled. "You scared me." He admitted.

She giggled. "I know. Are you heading outside now?"

"Mhm." He nodded. "Alex usually walks with me over there but he got called out of class earlier and he hasn't gotten back yet. So I just grabbed his stuff so he could meet us at the table when he's done." He glanced back to the second bag over his shoulder.

The two kids continued talking until they walked outside seeing their usually full table, was practically empty. It turns out it wasn't only Alex that apparently got called out of class.

Going to the table, the only others occupying it were Faye and Lauren. The two girls were sitting besides one another laughing about something. Taking a seat besides them Kaila asked, "where's everyone else?"

"Nina and James got called out of class." Faye answered.

"Alex was called out too. Do you know why?" Zander asked as he took a seat but the girl shook her head.

"Have you seen Lain and Mallix?" Kaila asked still curious about their unknown whereabouts.

But her three friends all shook their heads. "I wonder where they all went?" Faye asked.

"Are they in trouble?" Lauren asked hesitantly as she scooter closer to Faye's side unconsciously.

Wrapping her arms around Lauren's neck the small girl pulled her in closer. "No. They wouldn't have done anything bad. I'm sure they're alright." Faye said confidently to the worried girl besides her.

Whimpering softly Lauren laid her head down on Faye's shoulder for the time being. Kaila and Zander both looked at the two girls astounded by their bond. It seemed as if the bridge that separated them for so many years finally came crumbling down, and the void was filled with a bright path.

"Are you guys coming over this weekend?" Kaila asked.

"I think we are." Faye answered scratching her head looking down to the girl on her shoulder for confirmation.

Lauren nodded not wanting to move off of Faye's shoulder. "Nina said we had nothing to do."

Kaila silently squealed as she looked to Zander she had an eager look on her face. "Probably." He shrugged not entirely sure of the situation.

But taking it as a yes Kaila cheered loud pumping her fists in the air. The four friends were going to have a good time. And just as the excitement amongst them began to rise, they finally all heard the chatter of their remaining friends coming to join them.

Everyone was talking seriously about something by the looks on their faces. Sitting down at their table, their conversation ceased as they looked towards the confused kids.

"Where were you?!" Practically all the kids shouted with anticipation beaming off of them. Not able to deny all four of them of the information, Mallix smiled.

"You know how the end of the semester is coming around the corner?" He asked. Seeing all of them nod happily over that fact he proceeded. "Well there's something else coming up to, does anyone know what?"