Chapter 83: A Minor Accident

It had been a few days since James's date with the girls, and Nina couldn't have been more proud.

She could see how his entire attitude changed and the empathy gleamed off his face. During the middle of their normal practice session, James was currently sitting off to the side as he watched his older brother and Alex go down on the mat.

While Mallix's hand wasn't completely healed yet, his doctor had cleared him from his cast and allowed him to get physical again in wrestling as long as he took precautions.

Glancing into the last row of the bleachers in front of him he could see Kaila, Zander, Faye, and Lauren all smiling as they cheered the boys on. He chuckled seeing them so enthusiastic.

Hearing a bell ring signally the end of the match Mallix and Alex got up before they stepped off the mat. Sweat dripping down both of their faces as they took a seat besides James.

He could feel the heat omitting off of them.

"Point for Colden." Said their coach as he walked towards another pair of boys to ready them for their practice match.

"What?!" Alex asked tiredly. "How did you beat me?!"

"Guess I haven't lost my skills yet." Mallix cockily said brushing his shoulders like it was nothing.

"You got lucky!"

"I'll take you on for a rematch after practice then and we can settle this matter." Mallix offered his hand out to his equally exhausted friend. And without any hesitation Alex accepted.

"You guys are too competitive for your own good." James remarked.

"Speak for yourself. That's why you aren't a captain twerp."

James rolled his eyes. "I don't care enough to be captain anyways."

"Is that why you lost your match too James?" Alex smirked looking over Mallix towards his brother.

He scoffed at the comment making Alex laughed.

"I didn't have as loud of a cheer squad like you did." James admitted pointing towards the kids across the gym.

Both Mallix and Alex glanced towards the bleachers seeing all four of them standing up as they wiggled and waved their arms around in the air. They could see their mouths moving as they shouted out towards them, but behind their coach shouting every other second and the other boys cheering their team on themselves, the kids got drowned out.

Mallix smiled waving over at them seeing Kaila getting extra excited as she pranced around in place.

Without even needing to, Zander was waving like a mad man towards Alex and the lean boy couldn't help but laugh to himself harder.

James looked over at them too and when he saw Faye and Lauren were both out of their seats playfully moving around he couldn't hide his smile.

The three boys continued to talk as the kids eventually settled down. It was only another half hour before their practice ended and all the other boys had left the gym.

With the gym all to themselves and the mat still laying out on the floor, Mallix and Alex stepped up to the plate. James eagerly waved for the four kids to rush down for a closer look.

With excitement all over their faces the four kids sprinted as fast as they could. "Walk!" They heard James shout at them from the bottom.

They giggled returning to a normal pace as they got down to the bottom level. "Stand back. They're about to have a rematch." James warned holding his arms out to block them from getting any closer.