Chapter 93: Painting Mishap

At first the group all thought that their rough morning with the crowd full of students would be a one time thing. But they were horribly mistaken. After nearly two weeks of having to endure that stress filled enthusiasm, they had only one more week left to deal with.

Thankfully today they would finally be able to get a little break. Rather than waking Kaila up in the morning like they normally would on a school day, the couple let their little girl sleep in until around noon.

Waking herself up, Kaila bounced out of her bed. Instead of pleading to be left alone to sleep for an extra five minutes, she was pleading for someone to come and let her out of her crib.

Shaking the bars eagerly she was impatient waiting for the couple. Huffing she shook the bars even harder just as Lain walked in looking shocked. "Kaila!" She scolded. "What are you doing? You know we don't shake the bars." She lowered them before any more damage could be done.

"I'm bored!" She complained jumping into the girls arms.

Thankfully with Lain's strength she was able to withstand the force. Grabbing Elie off of Kaila's crib, she placed the soft elephant into her little girls arms.

Kaila looked up curious at Lain.

On a normal school day, the couple made her leave the toy until she finished getting ready. Lain laughed at Kaila's confusion. "I know. But today's going to be a good day. We're going out to do something fun."

"But school?" Kaila asked surprising even herself to be questioning such thing.

"School?" Lain emphasized as she broke out into even louder laughter. "You'd rather go to school then do something fun with us?!"

"No!" Kaila frantically shook her head.

"No too late for that. At this rate I may just have to tell daddy to cancel our plans and go to school instead."

"Mommy no!" Kaila whined kicking her legs on   both sides of Lain's waist.

After coming down from her high of laughter, Lain settled her little go down as she took deep breathes. "I'm only playing. You slept in long enough that it's not even worth going to school today."

Looking at the time Kaila went bug eyed seeing it was almost half past noon.

"It's skip day for student athletes. We get to rest today since we've got to practice extremely hard until competitions. And you, my spoiled little princess, get to rip the benefits of our day off and stay home too."

"Where daddy?" She asked as Lain took a seat in the rocking chair.

Positioning Kaila so she was straddling the tall girl, Lain rocked them slowly. "He's out with Alex, James, and the rest of the wrestling team while they finish planning something."

"What?"

"Well usually as a way to thank the school for giving us a day off, we repay the offer by doing some mischief on school property." She chuckled at the irony of her statement.

"I wanna join!" She bounced lightly.

"You will." She laughed holding Kaila's hips to stop her from bouncing against her thighs anymore. "Aunty Nina and I talked with the rest of the swim team earlier and we've already come up with our plan."

"What is it?!" Kaila asked full of excitement.

"There's a statue of Principal Wayne in the school garden, and well, we were going to pay him a little swim love and spray paint him in a swimsuit."

Kaila laughed envisioning the image in her head.

"And I help?"

"Mhm. You, Lauren, and Faye are all going to help us. Just like Zander's going to help daddy and the guys do whatever it is they come up with."