for you (requested)

"Hey, baby," Jisoo smiled as she walked through the front door, but her smile quickly fell when she saw the frown on your face. "What's wrong?" She asked as she placed the package that she picked up on her way home onto the floor and plopped down onto the couch beside you.

"I know we had plans to hang out together tonight and play some video games but my system isn't working anymore. Sorry, babe."

"That's okay!"

She was much chirpier than you expected, especially considering how excited she'd been to have some free time with you and play some games together. You thought she'd be feeling a little down like you felt.

You parted your lips to ask why when you caught her gaze shifting from your eyes and to the package on the floor then back to you like she was wordlessly trying to get you to question what was inside the box.

And you caved as your curiosity got the best of you.

"What's that?"

"A surprise," she paused as she took your hand and gave it a soft kiss. "For you, my girl. Now, open it up. I think you're gonna like it."

You picked it up but it took you by surprise when you realized it was heavier than expected. You looked back at Jisoo, finding her trying not to smile as you ripped off the paper she had it wrapped with.

Once it was all torn off, you were met with the familiar logo of the system you've been wanting to get.

"Jisoo," you whispered in awe, gazing back at your bright-eyed girlfriend who was smiling happily at you. "You didn't,"

"I did!"

The ps5 was right in front of your eyes like you've dreamt of it being. But you didn't think it ever would be since you couldn't really afford to splurge that much money on a new console right now.

"Jisoo, I love it but-"

"No," she shook her head and placed her finger over your lips to stop you from speaking. "Don't tell me that I didn't have to or that it was too much money. You're my girlfriend and it's a simple I love you gift. I know your system has been going bad and it was only a matter of time until it stopped working altogether."

"Well, your timing is impeccable,"

She laughed happily and put her arm around you as you moved to sit on her lap.

"This is so sweet of you. I really don't know what to say other than thank you and you're absolutely amazing."

"Anything for you, y/n." She whispered, a smile tugging at her lips before she pulled you in for a loving kiss.

"So I guess game night is still happening?"

"Oh, you better believe it, baby girl. I got you a few games, too."

You excitedly grabbed one of them and then set it up, with your girlfriend's help. Once it was all set and ready to go a few minutes later, you handed her the extra controller and fell onto the sofa.

"Jisoo?"

She took your eyes off the screen and looked over at you just as you leaned over to kiss her cheek lingeringly.

"Thank you again. From the bottom of my heart. I love you so much."

"Love you more. Now, let's play! I'm excited!"

"Me too! You're going down,"

She shook her head with a laugh and started to play the game. Usually, she'd go in with the intention of winning and that alone. But today, she was just ready to have some fun with you. It didn't matter if she won or if she lost every round; all that mattered was that you were having fun and spending some much-needed quality time together.