you wake up and she's not there

Waking up to a loud crash of thunder, you jumped and tried to roll into Jisoo's arms for comfort and security; thinking once you were wrapped in her embrace you'd be out like a light once more.

But all you felt were her pillows in her place. You frowned and sat up quickly. At first thought, you actually thought that she was in the bathroom. But when you looked over you saw that the door was wide open and the lights were all off.

You rubbed your tired eyes with a yawn. You wanted to just lay back down and get back to sleep. But without Jisoo there to hold you it was pointless to try. Without her warm arms, you'd feel cold and since you're unsure of where she is your mind won't stop running till she's by your side again.

So you swung your legs over the edge of the bed and got up. The lights in the hallway were off and the spare bedrooms were just as dark, allowing you to rule out that option right away.

You made your way to the staircase and when you placed your foot on the very top step, you froze.

Because you could hear her giggling quietly from the living room and, almost immediately, your worries faded away.

You reached the last step and called out her name and her head turned immediately.

"Hey, baby. What are you doing out of bed?" She asked worriedly but opened her arms for you when you made your way toward her and fell into her lap.

"You weren't there." You replied as you buried your face in her neck and found the comfort you've been searching for as soon as you breathed in her scent and felt her arms go around you.

"I'm sorry, my love. I couldn't sleep so I came down here to watch some tv."

"It's okay. You're holding me now and that's all I wanted." You whispered and closed your eyes. You already felt so tired, to begin with; between your lack of sleep recently and your sleep getting interrupted at three in the morning. So it didn't take much to help you drift back off to sleep.

And with Jisoo's warm embrace and her hand running along your back so soothingly, it was nearly impossible to keep your eyes open.

"Baby?" She whispered a few minutes later and brushed her fingers through your hair. But your eyes were so heavy at that point that you couldn't even open them anymore.

"Do you wanna go back to bed? I'm getting a little tired myself." She said, but you just shook your head. "Too tired?"

"Yeah." You mumbled.

"Okay. We'll just sleep here for the night then." She said and carefully laid back on the sofa. You put your head right on her chest and listened to the beat of her heart.

She stared down at you for a moment. She watched your eyelashes flutter against your cheeks and listened to your soft breaths fall from your soft lips.

"You're my whole world." She whispered softly. "I love you so much. I hope you sleep well. I won't leave your side anymore tonight. Have sweet dreams, my love."

She kissed the crown of your head and let her lips linger for a few seconds before she pulled away and turned the tv off.

The room became pitch black, but it'd light up occasionally when a strike of lightning would hit. She listened to the rain on the roof and the soft, steady breathe falling from your lips until she closed her eyes.

She was just about to fall asleep, but not before she heard you say,

"I love you more, Jisoo."

And right after, she fell asleep with a smile on her face. She was finally falling asleep now that you were in her arms.