you come home to find her asleep

You leaned back against the door as you closed it behind you. Though you felt tired, you still couldn't hide the smile that tugged at your lips when you thought about Jisoo.

You found the strength to kick the shoes off of your feet and place your keys on the hook by the door. You looked around the room and that's when you realized how still and quiet everything seemed to be. The tv was turned off and Jisoo was nowhere to be seen.

You couldn't help but frown. Your day hadn't been all that great, so you were looking forward to getting pulled into her arms and getting the comfort it feels like only she can bring you.

You turned the lights off and headed up the stairs. "Jisoo?" You called out for her, hoping you'd hear her sweet voice in response. But there was nothing but silence.

That was, until, you stepped closer to the door of your bedroom. It was open only a crack but you could hear dialogue coming from the tv.

Curious, you opened it the rest of the way and stepped inside. The most adorable sight awaited you; of Jisoo curled up on your side of the bed, her cheek resting on your pillow and the blanket she had covered up with earlier was sliding off of her.

You seriously debated on taking a picture to cherish the moment for as long as you could. But your feet were patting across the floor and since she wasn't sleeping deeply, her eyes fluttered open.

You knelt in the floor in front of her. You caressed her warm cheek and she cracked a smile before gently taking ahold of your fingers and kissing across them and your knuckles.

"You're home!" She said happily.

"I'm home." You giggled. Her hair was a little messy from rolling around in bed. You found yourself tucking a few loose strands that hung near her face right behind her ear.

"Are you okay? I didn't expect for you to be sleeping." You mumbled.

"I'm alright. Just fell asleep waiting for you." She rolled over and stretched out her arms and legs, a soft sigh escaping from her lips as she did so. "But you're home now, so you're obligated to join me and give me cuddles now."

You laughed but agreed. Happily climbing in beside her as she scooter over, you made yourself comfortable under the blankets. She put her head on your shoulder and breathed out a sigh of happiness when you wrapped your arm around her.

"I missed you!" She grinned.

"Missed you too," you said as you closed your eyes just as her breath fanned against your skin, ready to soak up every second of the rest of the evening with her.