waking her up for cuddles

You tried to resist the urge to look over at the clock by turning over on your side and looking at your sleeping girlfriend instead.

For some reason you can't seem to fall asleep tonight. It's getting late and you know that checking the time every fifteen minutes only frustrates you more.

Your day had been busy and you felt tired when you and Jisoo came up to bed just two hours ago. But as soon as the lights were off you got a second wind, whereas Jisoo was out cold as soon as her head hit the pillow.

You stared at her parted lips and watched her breathe for a few seconds before you reached out to brush your fingers along her cheeks. She let a little grunt fall from her lips as she moved a little in her sleep before she was dreaming away again a few short seconds later.

You didn't wanna wake her. She'd had a hard day, that's why she fell asleep so fast because she'd been overworked today. She needed her sleep, but you needed her. You needed her embrace and her warmth to help you sleep. You needed to hear the beat of her heart.

You hesitantly put your hand down on her shoulder and brushed your fingers along her skin. Her eyes fluttered open, a small whimper leaving her lips when she noticed that it was still dark and realized she must still have a few more hours till she had no other choice but to get up.

"Y/n? What is it?"

"I'm really sorry that I woke you up but I can't sleep."

She nodded and brought her hands to her cheeks. With a yawn, she brushed them across her face and then opened her tired eyes once more. "It's alright, baby. Just tell me what you need me to do to help you."

"Could you cuddle me?"

Even through her still sleepy haze, she cracked a tiny smile. "You really woke me up for cuddles?" When you nodded your head she found herself giggling at your cuteness. "Of course I can, y/n. I'm always happy to cuddle with my girl. Now come here, let me hold you."

As soon as her arms were wrapped around you, you felt your worries fade away. She started to give you soft kisses and her fingers spread across your back and she let her fingertips brush along your back, soothing you to sleep slowly.

"Better?"

"Yeah, it is now that you're holding me. You're all I needed."

Jisoo looked to find you're eyes had closed and she let hers do the same. "I really love you, y/n."

"Love you, Jisoo." You mumbled back to her, falling right asleep now that you had everything you really needed.