surprise? (requested)

"Will you please tell me where we're going?" You whined as you held onto Jisoo's free hand in the passenger seat of the car, desperate to find out what Jisoo had up her sleeve for your surprise date this evening.

"Y/N, if I told you it wouldn't be a surprise." She laughed and squeezed your hand as you pouted. "You'll find out in a few minutes. We're not far from it now."

You sat back in the seat and stared out the window, impatiently waiting to see where she was taking you. You're inexpressibly excited for the evening ahead. With Jisoo's busy schedule, you rarely have time for date nights.

So when she told you that she has a surprise date planned out, you couldn't help but beg for her to tell you. You were much too excited to wait, although she's making you and refusing to give you even one single hint.

"You have to close your eyes." She said as she turned on the blinker to turn in somewhere. "C'mon, baby, please? I worked so hard on this surprise. I promise you'll find out momentarily."

You sighed and closed your eyes.

"No peeking!"

"Okay," you giggled and waited impatiently for her to tell you that you can look.

It took a few more minutes, but she soon stopped the car as she pulled into the parking lot. You heard her unbuckle her seatbelt and then felt her unbuckle yours.

"Can I look yet?"

"Not yet."

You whined and she laughed as she opened and closed the door and then made her way to your side. She helped you out of the car by taking your hand. Once it was closed, she covered your eyes with her hands and started to walk with you.

You heard screams and loud voices that got closer and closer with every step that you took together.

"Where are we?"

"Hang on one second and you'll find out." She said and kissed your shoulder softly as your mind filled with possibilities of whatever it could be.

"Okay... you can open your eyes in three, two..." she paused and uncovered your eyes. "One."

You opened your eyes but instead of watching them light up, Jisoo heard your breath hitch as you took a look around.

You were at a carnival. There were so many rides and rollercoasters. So many snacks around you, the delicious aroma filling your lungs with every inhale you took. You could hear excited voices and happy giggles coming from families around the both of you.

"That's not exactly the reaction I was going for." She joked with a nervous chuckle before she gently took your chin into her hand, making sure that your eyes locked with hers and you couldn't look away. "What's wrong? I thought you'd like to come."

"It's so sweet of you, Jisoo. Trust me, the thought of you putting in a lot of effort to bring somewhere for a sweet date melts my heart. But I hate rollercoasters. I'm really scared of them. The heights, the speed, the loud screams from people around me. It all really overwhelms me and I can't go on any."

She didn't say a word, so it only made the guilt grow stronger for you.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be." She spoke softly, gently stroking your cheek. "I understand. Everyone is scared of something."

"So, you're not mad?"

"Why would I ever be mad at you?" She wondered with a genuine smile tugging at her lips. "So you don't like rollercoasters. Noted. How about I take you out for a movie instead? Or we could go out for ice cream? Or go on a romantic dinner date. Your choice."

"How about all three?"

She laughed but nodded in agreement before leaning in to steal a sweet kiss from your lips.

"I love you." She whispered, her thumb softly brushing across your cheek.

"I love you more, Jisoo."

She pecked your lips twice before pulling away and taking your hand into hers to walk you back to the car as she told you to throw out suggestions on where to go for your fun date night ahead, up for whatever your heart desired.