mistletoe

"Hey, baby," Jisoo smiled as you walked into the bedroom.

Your sock-covered feet quickly patted across the floor and over to her, where you fell onto the bed next to her with a sad sigh falling longingly from your lips.

"Uh-oh. Bad day, baby girl?" She asked and scooted closer to you. She watched you bod your head slowly and with a kiss to your forehead, she stood on her feet and held her hand out for you to take.

"Jisoo," you sighed. "I really don't feel like leaving our bed."

She chuckled and took your hand. Holding it to her lips, she planted several soft kisses over your knuckles.

"It'll be worth it, I promise."

You sighed but let her lead you to the doorway. She froze and you could only raise your eyebrow in confusion.

"Look up,"

Doing as she said, you saw mistletoe hung over your head and you knew hiding the smile tugging at your lips would be impossible to hide.

"I've had that hung most of the day. I'm surprised you didn't notice it when you walked in." She said as she dropped your hand so she could wrap her arms around you and hold you close instead.

"In my defense, I was dragging my feet and just wanted to get to you. I didn't look anywhere but at you when I saw you."

She giggled, chest filling with butterflies and eyes filled with stars as she stared at you. Moving one of her hands to your cheek, she bit her lip teasingly as she gazed into your eyes.

"So... are you just gonna stare at me or are you gonna kiss me? I'm waiting."

You puckered your lips and anticipated the crash of her soft, warm lips on yours.

It happened only a moment later. A delicate kiss on your lips, a soft brush of her lips on yours.

Her hand moved from your cheek to your waist, where she pulled you closer and kept her hand on the small of your back to hold you there. But she kept the kiss soft and sweet, making your heart flutter the whole time.

Pulling away breathlessly, she dropped her forehead onto yours. Her lips stayed close, ready to brush against your own at any given second.

Kissing the corners of her lips, you said, "thank you."

"For what?" She laughed.

"Always making me smile," you whispered, putting your arms around her neck. "I love you."

"Love you even more, my girl." She spoke before bringing you in for many more kisses, shared right under the mistletoe.