taking care of you when you have a fever (requested)

Jisoo closed the front door behind her with a sigh. She started to take off her shoes, only to quickly lift her head when she heard you whimpering from the sofa.

Your favorite show was playing on the tv and at first glance, it looked like you simply fell asleep while watching it.

She thought maybe you were having a bad dream, so she worriedly padded across the floor over to you.

Her hand fell to your shoulder and she realized that your shirt was covered in sweat. She frowned and moved her hand up to your forehead.

Immediately, she felt your hot skin against her fingertips. You were running a fever for sure and a high one at that.

You stirred when she gently brushed her hand from your forehead to your cheek. Your eyes looked heavy and tired as you gazed into her wide, concerned eyes.

"You're home?"

"Yeah, baby, I'm home. You're running a fever. Are you feeling okay?"

You shook your head, causing her to feel even more concerned.

"I've been feeling sick for most of the day. I'm dizzy and kinda nauseous."

"And you didn't call or text me to tell me?" She asked in disbelief.

"You're busy, Jisoo. You've got so much going on and so many important things to do these days. I didn't want to bother you."

She sighed and softly caressed your cheek.

"You're never a bother. You should know that by now. I love you and care about you so much. You have to tell me these things. Okay?"

You nodded weakly, managing to crack a small smile when she leaned in to kiss your cheek lovingly.

"Okay. We gotta take that fever of yours down. Let's get you into another shirt, too. You stay here, don't move even a finger. I'll be back in just a minute." She promised and laid a kiss to the top of your head before rushing up the stairs to grab you a few things.

She grabbed you some medicine and a clean shirt, as well as a damp cloth to lay over your forehead and then a bottle of cold water from the kitchen before she returned to you.

"Alright. Take this, baby girl." She said as she unscrewed the cap of the water and placed the medicine in your hand.

You quickly swallowed it down, taking a few swigs of water along with it before putting it aside.

She slowly helped you sit up, which was easier said than done considering how terribly your body ached.

She helped you take off your old shirt and pulled the clean one over your head. You laid back down, already feeling slightly better now that the fabric that once clung to your clammy skin was off now.

You closed your eyes, a blissful hum falling from your lips when she placed the cloth over your forehead.

"Are you okay? Feel like you're gonna throw up or anything? Should I get you a bucket? Do you need anything else?"

"Maybe a sheet to cover up with? I'm a little cold. And some cuddles."

"Okay, my love." She smiled and went to the closet to grab a sheet, which she quickly covered you with, and then laid on the sofa beside you before pulling you into her arms.

You laid your head on her shoulder and she brushed her fingertips along your stomach in circles, hoping it'd bring you some comfort.

"Feeling okay?"

"I'm okay."

"Want some soup?" She asked.

"No. I'm okay for now, maybe in a little bit. I just want you to hold me and to get some sleep."

"I've got you, sweet girl." She soothed, kissing the top of your head lovingly. "I won't let you go, I promise. Get some sleep. I'll be here to hold you the whole time." She mumbled and watched you fall asleep, finally feeling a little better now; all thanks to her.