we'll make the best of it - part two (requested)

"When you said you had something to talk to us about, we didn't think you'd both be looking so down or so serious about it." Rosie said with a quiet chuckle.

She was trying to break the silence in the air and make the situation a little more lighthearted, but only Jennie and Lisa cracked a smile or let a laugh slip from their lips in response.

You were sitting beside Jisoo at the kitchen table, both of yours hands tightly intertwined with hers as you both tried to prepare yourselves for what you were going to be telling them.

You've waited a few days to do so, just to let the news sink in. It hurt a lot. It's never an announcement that someone wants to make.

But for you, it's one that you've got no choice but to make, as your condition isn't ever going to go away.

"There's something you need to know." You said as you looked at the girls with eyes of hopelessness.

Jennie, Lisa, and Rosé looked at each other wordlessly.

They didn't have to say anything to know that they all knew something was seriously wrong.

"My heart condition has gotten worse. It's failing and there's nothing they can't do to stop it."

For the girls, it didn't feel real.

Jennie didn't believe it was actually happening. She thought it was just some terrible dream that she was going to wake up from soon.

But as she pinched herself and didn't wake up, it sank in that it was real.

"What are you saying?" Lisa quietly asked as a lump began to appear in her throat.

"The doctor said..." Jisoo said before stopping to take a deep breath as tears filled her eyes. "He said Y/N only has four or five months left."

"You can't be serious." Rosie mumbled as her lip trembled. "No, there's got to be something they can do to help you!"

"There isn't." You said. "There's nothing they can do. It's too late. My heart can't take much more."

The girls all started to cry but Rosé was the first to fall apart.

You and Jisoo got up and the girls did the same.

You all hugged each other close, squeezing each other tighter than ever before.

"You can't get better?" Lisa sobbed as she laid her cheek on your shoulder. "We love you, Y/N. We need you to get better."

Jisoo could barely breathe.

It was so hard having to come to terms with this over the last few days.

And seeing her friends fall apart, which caused you to do the same, tore her apart even more.

She didn't know what to do.

Her whole world was falling apart around her and she knows that as awful as she feels, you feel so much worse.

She wants to make your last few months the best of your life.

She wants any and all dreams that you have to come true right before your eyes.

But she knows the first few weeks are going to be painful as the news sinks in for everyone that loves you.

"Jisoo," you sniffled.

She suddenly snapped out of her thoughts to look over and see all the girls holding onto you as you all cried.

But there was room for one more.

She joined in on the hug, throwing her arms tightly around you and the girls as you all cried.

It was the most painful experience.

But, sadly, the girls all knew there would be even more painful ones to come.

But, for now, you're still here and they all need you to know how loved you are and how much you changed their lives.