she comes home to find you asleep

Jisoo took off her shoes quietly before entering the house.

She was surprised to see it was so dark and quiet considering you texted her a few hours ago to say you'd be waiting up for her tonight. It was one of the nights she wasn't getting home very late, only a little after ten. So it was a little worrying to Jisoo to see how dark it was.

She tiptoed around the house until she reached the living room. Her heart fluttered at the sight of you sound asleep on the couch. Your face was buried into the pillow but she could hear your soft breaths and when she got closer she could see your eyelashes fluttering against your cheeks.

She saw the blanket was tangled around your feet. She pulled it off and folded it over the back of the couch before bending down in front of you. Her hand moved to your back and moved in soft circles until your eyes opened. "Hey. You fell asleep."

You rubbed your eyes with a quiet yawn and stretched out your legs. "Sorry." She shook her head and held her hand out for you. "Ready for bed?" You nodded and took her hand. She led you upstairs, hand rubbing over the small of your back with each step you took.

You climbed right into bed and after Jisoo brushed her teeth and changed into something more comfortable she joined you. Her arm immediately wrapped around you and pulled you as close as she could. "Did you have a good day today?"

Your voice was laced with sleep, but Jisoo cracked a smile because as tired as you were you still wanted to hear her talk about her day. You still wanted to make sure she was doing well.

"Yeah, it was good. We got a lot done today and I feel really good about it all." She said, kissing you on your shoulder softly. "That's wonderful, baby. I'm happy for you." She nodded wordlessly and peeked around to find your eyes were closed and you were drifting off to sleep with a tiny smile on your face.

"I love you and I hope your day was good, too." She laid her head on your back and felt calm when she felt your back rising and falling steadily. "I love you too." You said before you fell asleep leaving Jisoo with a flutter in her heart once more as she fell asleep too.