you always have me (requested)

"Are you okay?" You asked Jisoo, scooting across the bed to be closer to her as she stared down at her painted nails that rested on her lap.

She's awfully quiet tonight and it doesn't surprise you as to why. You know her mind is racing like crazy and it's understandable as to why considering her dreams are disappearing right in front of her eyes.

But it breaks your heart, especially knowing how important this role is to her.

Now, with people trying to get snowdrop taken down before it even gets finished, she feels completely helpless and heartbroken.

"No." She mumbled quietly, reaching for your hand so she could hold it in hers. She needed the comfort right now.

"It sucks, y/n. This was really important to me and it's like I can see it all just fading away right in front of my eyes. I felt so excited about it. And now..." she stopped mid-sentence, a sigh falling from her lips as she dropped your hand to tangle her fingers in her hair. "It's not fair."

You could only nod your head. It was affecting her greatly; the unknown of how her dreams might turn out.

It was unfair; so unfair.

After all she does to try to make people happy, after all the love she gives and all the good she does in the world - this is seemingly how the universe repays her.

"I know it's not fair, Jisoo. If there was something I could do-"

She interrupted you with a small cry from her lips. She hung her head low, trying so hard to hold it all inside as she became overwhelmed. She was trying so hard to keep her head up, to try to believe that maybe, just maybe, things would turn out okay. But she has her doubts, and some serious ones, at that.

"Oh, baby," you whispered softly, feeling your own heart begin to crack over seeing her so heartbroken.

You pulled her into your arms and held her tight, rocking her a little as she clung to you and let all of her tears out that she's been holding in.

"It was so important to me." She whimpered against your neck, letting her tears fall and her warm breath fall against your skin. "What if it doesn't happen? What if it doesn't come true? What will I do then?"

"I don't know." You whispered softly as you rubbed her back. "I'm sorry, Jisoo. I wish that I had all the answers to those questions because you want them and I know this project is so very important to you. I wish I knew why, for some people, bringing others down makes them feel better. Why people feel better when they see people's dreams fall apart,"

You paused as she clung to you a little tighter while her tears began to slow down a little.

"If I could, I'd give you the entire world. Because you deserve that. You deserve all that is good, all the love and happiness in this world. No one deserves it more than you, Jisoo."

You spoke softly, kissing her head softly.

"But I need you to know, no matter what happens, I'll be here for you. If it doesn't happen, I'll be here to hold you as you cry it out. I'll dry your tears and give you all the hugs you want. If it still happens, which I seriously hope it does, I'll cheer you on and shout from the rooftops that I'm so very proud of you."

She chuckled, staring up at you with big eyes and her sweet smile.

"Let me be here for you. Let me be your shoulder to cry on throughout it all. Whatever happens, you'll get there one day. You'll be in demand for all the roles in dramas and cheesy romance films."

She chuckled and kissed your chin softly.

"And I'll cheer you on every time. Because you deserve it. I'm sorry the world is cruel. I'm sorry that people are trying to take your moments to shine like the star you are away from you. But, I know, even more, every single day that I spend with you, that you deserve the world but the world does not deserve you."

She dropped her forehead against yours, her eyes locked with yours intensely. You could see them starting to sparkle. You reached up to brush your thumbs under them, wiping away the tear-stains from her cheeks. You kissed them both, then the corners of her lips, and then, finally, her sweet lips.

"You're amazing." She sniffled. "Thanks for letting me let it all out and for making me feel better."

"Always, Jisoo. It's what I'm here for." You grinned and gave her one more kiss. "No matter what happens, you will always have me. I promise you that. Forever and always, I'll be here for you through the good and the bad. If you need to break down, I'll hold you through it."

"I love you." She whispered, in awe over how truly amazing you are.

"I love you more. Things will get better. I promise."

She leaned her head on your chest and closed her eyes, knowing that you were right and feeling thankful that through everything, she's always got you.