she takes care of you after you have surgery

"Take it slow. I've got you." Jisoo whispered softly in your ear as she kept her arm wrapped loosely around your waist. You winced and whimpered since the pain was still overwhelming; like the last two days have been.

It was a terrible couple of days, one that will stick with Jisoo for a long while. After seeing you in agony for thirty straight minutes until you were gripping her hand so tightly she could hardly feel it while tears streamed down your cheeks and you pleaded for her to make it stop.

Appendicitis. That's what the cause of your indescribable and intolerable pain was. It all happened so fast. One minute your hand was in hers and the next it slid out from her grip as they rushed you down the hallway for surgery.

It was one of the scariest moments of Jisoo's life. And even though you made it through just fine and you got discharged just today, it still hurt her to see you in pain.

She put her keys in the door and opened it for you. "I think it'd be better for you to rest on the sofa for a bit." She mumbled as she led you to the couch.

"Lay down, but take it as slow as you need to." She encouraged and helped you lay down, slowly.

"Are you cold? Thirsty? Hungry? I'll happily get you anything you need." She said as she knelt on the floor in front of you. She brushed her fingers through your messy hair. Your eyes were drooping. She knew you were exhausted. She wanted you to sleep, but only after you had everything you needed.

"I'm a little cold. Some water would be nice too."

You opened your eyes but only for a moment. Because her lips were lingering against your forehead after she had kissed your skin softly and you found comfort in her soft lips; as you always do.

"Of course. I'll be right back. Yell for me if you need anything else." She said before getting up and heading for the staircase.

You snuggled further into the sweater that Jisoo had given you when you got cold in the car on the way home. It was, of course, her sweater. You found comfort and security in it.

But you felt even warmer just a moment later when Jisoo threw her blanket over you. She tucked you in, making sure you were as cozy and warm as possible. But she was careful not to touch your side, knowing that it would only cause you even more discomfort.

"I'll be back in just a second with your water." She kissed your cheek and left the room, returning momentarily with a glass of cold water in her hand.

"Here we go. I'll help you," she whispered as she helped you sit up a little. One of her hands stayed on the small of your back while the other held the glass for you, considering that your hand was too shaky to hold onto it on your own.

"Okay. That better, baby girl?" She asked as she helped you lay back down. She waited for you to nod your head before she found herself combing her fingers through your hair and leaving soft, loving kisses along your neck.

"These next couple of weeks are gonna be terrible."

"I know it hurts, but I'll be here by your side every step of the way. I'm taking these next couple of weeks away to take care of you."

You opened your eyes quickly and parted your lips as if you were gonna argue with her, but she wouldn't allow you to.

"We have nothing going on for the next few days. I'm staying right here. I wanna take care of you. I wanna make you feel better."

You cracked a small smile. "Okay. Thank you."

"Don't thank me, silly. You're my girlfriend. I'll do anything for you. Now, what else do you need?"

"First - a kiss."

She chuckled and pecked your lips softly.

"And now, some cuddles."

She nodded and climbed in beside you. She curled up behind you but instead of putting her arm around your stomach like she usually would, she simply placed her hand on your hip and let her cheek fall to your shoulder.

"Jisoo?"

"Yes, my love?"

"Thank you for being by my side through all of this. I don't think I could've gotten through any of this without you. You've always been so amazing to me, but even more so when I was feeling scared and overwhelmed. I love you so much."

In response, her lips traveled along your shoulder and her fingertips moved ever so softly along your hip.

"I love you too. I was scared too. Don't think I wasn't. Seeing you in so much pain wasn't easy. But I know you'll be alright. I knew you would be, because you're my tough cookie." She smiled. "Now get some rest. I'll be right here if you need anything at all. I won't leave your side, I promise."

You closed your eyes and let the brush of her fingertips along your shoulders as she ran her fingers through your hair quickly lull you to sleep.

"I don't know what I'd ever do without you either, baby." She whispered and closed her eyes, quickly drifting off to sleep, feeling oh so grateful that you'd be feeling better soon.