you forget her birthday (requested)

Jisoo tried to snuggle closer to you as she suddenly began to feel a little chilly, only to feel that the sheets were cold and you weren't there to hold onto her.

She sat up in bed and rubbed her tired eyes before looking around.

On her nightstand, her phone was on silent but it was going off like crazy as her notifications went off repeatedly.

She wasn't surprised.

She always feels so very lucky to be showered with love and support every day of her life and today is especially wonderful, as it's her birthday and that's an important and special day to people all across the world.

She grabbed it and began to smile from ear to ear as she saw that texts from her family and the girls, as well as other friends, were the first things she saw.

But she quickly lifted her head as you entered the bedroom.

"Morning!" She loudly but excitedly spoke, making you look at her on the bed.

Before, you weren't looking around you. You'd been mumbling to yourself while also trying to stay quiet because you thought she was sleeping.

"Oh, good morning, baby!"

You kissed her cheek lovingly and she was a little surprised that, instead of telling her happy birthday and giving her more kisses, you went to the closet to grab a hoodie.

Then, her heart sank a little upon seeing you grab your shoes.

"I made breakfast so there's some left if you want it." You said with a bright smile as you took a seat on the bed beside her.

"Okay. Thanks." She said as she forced a smile, trying to hide the disappointment she was starting to feel. "Going somewhere?"

"Yeah, I got called into work unexpectedly. I figured it wasn't a big deal. Nothing important going on today, right?"

She shrugged her shoulders, holding back her tears.

"Guess not."

You leaned in and gave her a quick kiss.

"You're so beautiful."

The smile on her face this time wasn't fake.

Your words caused her heart to skip a beat.

But, yet again, her heart dropped over your next sentence.

"I've gotta go. I'm not sure when I'll be back. There's a lot to get done."

"Yeah." She quietly said, forcing yet another understanding smile. "I'll see you later. I guess I'll just hang here by myself and binge-watch something."

"Okay. Have a great day!"

That would be hard to do, considering you didn't even remember what today is.

"I love you."

"I love you too." She quietly and sadly spoke before you walked out the door, tears in her eyes as it sank in that you forgot her birthday.