break the distance (requested)

The chime on her phone made Jisoo look away from her drink and down to her screen. Her heart fluttered when she saw that it was from you.

She squealed when she saw the message saying you're just a minute away from arriving. Jisoo was so excited that she felt like her heart might explode.

The day has finally come. She's been so impatient about it, finding that the days dragged by the more excited she became.

And although she's almost always busy, you're always on her mind.

She never thought she'd be one of these people. Jumping into long-distance relationships, never meeting in person until a few months into your relationship.

Celebrating every milestone in your relationship through skype or facetime.

Falling in love despite never seeing you face to face.

But here she is now.

Waiting for you in the quiet cafe in Seoul, where you agreed to meet.

Her schedule is insanely busy and sadly, she can't travel to see you for months.

But you had time to travel to see her and once you told her that a few weeks ago and you set a day in stone and reserved an entire week to spend in Seoul with Jisoo, she'd never felt so happy.

She had a feeling that was about to change, though. Because she knows she's about to feel happier than ever before as soon as you walk through the door.

She stared at her phone, wondering if you'd text her before you came inside.

But the bells on the door jingled and she lifted her head slowly, her heart hammering against her chest when she saw your face.

Her eyes lit up when they locked with yours from across the room. Her breath hitched and she got out of her chair and stood on her shaky legs.

"Y/N!"

"Oh, Jisoo!" You grinned and rushed to her, dropping your keys and phone on the table before throwing your arms around her.

Jisoo was so happy she felt like she could cry.

Your embrace was so much warmer than she imagined. You smelled so good, between the shampoo in your soft hair that she desperately wanted to brush her fingers through, and the smell of your perfume on your skin that she breathed in.

And when you slowly pulled away to stare at her up close and face to face for the very first time, she couldn't help but feel as though you looked even more breathtaking than you did through the screen of her computer and phone.

You slowly leaned in, meeting her halfway for your very first kiss. It was slow and sweet, the most perfect one Jisoo had ever experienced in her life, and the same for you.

Sparks flew around you as she cupped your cheeks on the palm of her hands.

She was smiling from ear to ear when you pulled away.

"What?" You giggled.

"Nothing. It's just... that's the best first kiss I've ever had with anyone before. Your lips are even softer and even more kissable than I imagined."

"I could say the same about you, pretty girl."

She smiled, pecking your lips twice before pulling the chair out for you to sit down across from her.

"Are you hungry? Want something to drink?"

"Yeah. Get me whatever you like, just surprise me."

She nodded and kissed your cheek before grabbing her wallet and going to the counter to get you some food to share and a drink to sip on.

She returned and, instead of staying across from you, she moved her chair so she could sit right beside you instead.

"This is so good, thank you, Jisoo." You smiled and her heart just fluttered.

"My pleasure." She said as she brushed a lock of hair behind your ear. "You're even more beautiful in person."

"You too, babe."

She kissed your lips again, causing you to smile into the sweet kiss.

"I'm so happy to be here. I'm happy we finally got to break to the distance."

"Me too. I've been looking forward to this day. I counted them down and checked every day off on my calendar."

You giggled at her confession before saying you did the same.

"So, it's early in the afternoon, and I have some plans for the day. I'm going to show you around the city today, take you to all the most beautiful places. Then I'll take you to dinner tonight at my favorite place. Sound good?"

"That sounds so fun!"

"And if you have any special things you want to do over the next week, let me know. I'm happy for anything. I just want to be with you."

"That's all I want too."

She smiled and kissed you once more before you put your head on her shoulder and shared some food.

And, despite being far from home, you felt as if you were finally, at last, home.

You feel like you're finally where you've always been meant to be.